"Historic Downtown Leesburg, Virginia" Top 5 Page for this destination Leesburg by 807Wheaton

Leesburg Travel Guide: 33 reviews and 66 photos

Old World Charm

Leesburg is a small well-preserved town in Loudoun County about 50 miles from Washington, D.C. The day we picked to visit Leesburg was rainy, drizzly and windy yet it was amazing to see how busy it was there. I decided to take a few pictures with my digital camera and these are the few that turned out. I sure wish they were better quality.
We started at the Visitor Information Center which was clearly marked on signs coming into the town.
Here we picked up a map of Historic Downtown Leesburg.
Leesburg's downtown is situated on gentle rolling hills and truly displays itself as an old quaint city.
Here you will see many stone buildings and even some made of logs.

• Pros:Good town for a stroll
  • Cons:Have to leave it
  • In a nutshell:Discover the Charm
  • Last visit to Leesburg: Apr 2005
  • Intro Updated Sep 6, 2005

• TheWanderingCamel's Profile Photo
    Jan 13, 2008 at 3:59 AM

Brings back nice memories of staying in Leesburg at the Laurel Brigades Inn, an Easter egg hunt in the garden there for the children, and a beautiful old quilt bought in a local antique shop as a wonderful souvenir. leyle

• skywalkerbeth's Profile Photo
    Oct 24, 2006 at 8:00 AM

I've eaten here a few times - great BBQ!

• VeronicaG's Profile Photo
    Aug 10, 2006 at 4:42 PM

We visited Leesburg several years ago--Virginia is so full of history it draws us there again and again...enjoyed your page

• ladyanne's Profile Photo
    Sep 6, 2005 at 6:25 AM

I always thought I could live in Virginia. Or Northern part of North Carolina. Nice photos.

• deecat's Profile Photo
    Aug 13, 2005 at 5:31 PM

What a delightful place Leesburg is. Your restaurant tips are really good. Despite the weather, your photos enticed me. Love the travelogues.

• no1birdlady's Profile Photo
    Jul 18, 2005 at 2:21 PM

Oatlands looks like a beautiful plantation and garden that I would like to visit. Were there Azaleas or is it too far north? In Georgia April is the time for Azaleas. The plantation tour sounds interesting.

• cnango's Profile Photo
    May 13, 2005 at 11:32 PM

I love your tips and pictures of the wonderful Southern Architecture. I would really enjoy a plantation tour !

• scottishvisitor's Profile Photo
    May 7, 2005 at 10:51 AM

Leesburg looks a lovely town even if the weather wasn't good. I'd love to browes the shops.

• jelw's Profile Photo
    May 5, 2005 at 3:50 PM

Leesburg looks like my kind of place. I love historic little towns. Thank you! Jill

807Wheaton

“Man plans but God prevails.”

Badges & Stats in Leesburg

Have you been to Leesburg?

Latest Activity in Leesburg