"The Mammoth Site" Hot Springs by 807Wheaton
Hot Springs Travel Guide: 5 reviews and 16 photos
We really enjoyed this stop. We had to drive through Custer State Park to get to Hot Springs. It costs $12 for a 7 day pass in CSP. We were given a guided tour through the indoor excabation site that features fossils of 58 Columbian and wooly mammoths.
We paid a Seniors rate of $14.99 for the tour and museum. We had never been to anything like this before. We saw ongoing work in the dig.
- Pros:Very well done
- Cons:A little out of the way
- In a nutshell:Pretty cool
807Wheaton's Related Pages
Hot Springs Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "kim83_50158's Hot Springs Page"
- "The Mammoth Site"
- "Hot Springs all year"
- "Hot Springs"
- "Basaic Hot Springs Page"
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Hot Springs
- 3 Reviews
- 7 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (25)
Have you been to Hot Springs?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Hot Springs
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination France Intro, 57 reviews, 181 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Augusta Intro, 60 reviews, 100 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination New York State Intro, 29 reviews, 93 photos
- Spain Intro, 25 reviews, 61 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fredericksburg Intro, 16 reviews, 57 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination England Intro, 31 reviews, 40 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Colorado Intro, 24 reviews, 45 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Winchester Intro, 21 reviews, 39 photos
- Yellowstone National Park Intro, 15 reviews, 42 photos
- London Intro, 16 reviews, 37 photos