"Custer has the most wildlife we've ever seen" Custer by 807Wheaton
Custer Travel Guide: 44 reviews and 103 photos
We stayed three nights in Custer and did several day trips. This is a neat little town and has a lot of things to see and do within a 50 mile radius. We encountered wildlife frequently while getting to and from each place. Custer State Park is truly a gem. I think this would be a great place to bring a family because there are so many different things to do here. There is a huge water park not far away, the Mammoth museum in Hot Springs, a couple of National Parks that feature caves, which are especially nice in hot weather. Deadwood is very interesting - especially the re-enactment of the episode of Wild Bill Hickok's murder. It involves the tourists - it's engaging to say the least. Of course, Mt. Rushmore can be viewed morning and evening, as can Crazy Horse. There is horse back riding here and googling at all the bison that wander casually down the roads. If we didn't live 1500 miles away I would take all my grandkids there for a week of fun.
- Pros:Lots to see and do with families
- Cons:Not any for a week of vacation
- In a nutshell:Many beautiful sights
We have never in our travels seen such an abundance of wildlife. This time we were not disappointed. We were able to see... more travel advice
We got that tip before we visited Mount Rushmore. We got there about 11 AM which was a good time tio view it because the... more travel advice
807Wheaton's Related Pages
Custer Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "pipsqueak's New Custer Page"
- "Crazy Horse Mountain Monument"
- "Volksmarch 2001"
- "Custer, South Dakota, home of Mount Rushmore"
- "Went on to 4 mile"
- "Crazy Horse Memorial"
- "Custer has the most wildlife we've ever seen"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Custer
- Hotels in Custer
- Transportation in Custer
- Restaurants in Custer
- Warnings and Dangers in Custer
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Custer
- 5 Reviews
- 25 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (26)
Have you been to Custer?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Custer
Photos in CusterSee All Photos (25)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination France Intro, 57 reviews, 181 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Augusta Intro, 59 reviews, 97 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination New York State Intro, 29 reviews, 93 photos
- Spain Intro, 25 reviews, 61 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fredericksburg Intro, 16 reviews, 57 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination England Intro, 31 reviews, 40 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Colorado Intro, 24 reviews, 45 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Winchester Intro, 21 reviews, 39 photos
- Yellowstone National Park Intro, 15 reviews, 42 photos
- London Intro, 16 reviews, 37 photos
FriendsSee All Friends (12)
Latest Custer hotel reviews
- Legion Lake Lodge
- 44 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Sep 27, 2012
- State Game Lodge
- 147 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Mar 4, 2013
- Blue Bell Lodge
- 81 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 16, 2013
- Sylvan Lake Lodge
- 128 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jan 26, 2013
- Comfort Inn & Suites
- 146 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 18, 2013
- Bavarian Inn Motel & Restaurant
- 133 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Feb 10, 2013
- Chief Motel
- 141 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 21, 2013
- Best Western Buffalo Ridge Inn
- 93 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 21, 2013