"Welcome to Edisto Island" Edisto Island by 807Wheaton
Edisto Island Travel Guide: 13 reviews and 42 photos
It's a long drive through the "low country" and marshland until you cross the the bridge to Edisto Island. Anytime during the year there are leaves on the oak trees here so it's always pleasant. The main road takes you to Edisto State Park, which is where you can park and enjoy the beach. This island is noted for the abundance of shells on the beach at any time of the day. This beach is really quite different from Hilton Head and the other nearby beaches. There are jettys and pilings every two or three hundred feet making it necessary to walk around them when strolling on the beach. This was done as an effort to save the beach line from the encroaching erosion problem.
Other than the road that runs parallel to the ocean, all of the roads are canopied by live oak trees and palm trees. Very mysterious and engaging.
The menu at this restaurant offers a lot of seafood. It's one of the few places to eat on Edisto Island. There is very... more travel advice
807Wheaton's Related Pages
Edisto Island Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Welcome to Edisto Island"
- "South Carolina's Secret Sanctuary"
- "Kallie2199's Edisto Island Page"
- "Edisto Island Exploring"
- "Welcome to my home!"
- "Sun and Sand"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Edisto Island
- Hotels in Edisto Island
- Restaurants in Edisto Island
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Edisto Island
- 8 Reviews
- 34 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (55)
Have you been to Edisto Island?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Edisto Island
Photos in Edisto IslandSee All Photos (34)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination France Intro, 57 reviews, 181 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Augusta Intro, 60 reviews, 100 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination New York State Intro, 29 reviews, 93 photos
- Spain Intro, 25 reviews, 61 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fredericksburg Intro, 16 reviews, 57 photos
- England Intro, 31 reviews, 40 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Colorado Intro, 24 reviews, 45 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Winchester Intro, 21 reviews, 39 photos
- Yellowstone National Park Intro, 15 reviews, 42 photos
- London Intro, 16 reviews, 37 photos