"Great Place for Day Tripping" Islandia by 807Wheaton
Islandia Travel Guide: 1 reviews and 8 photos
We visited Long Island over Labor Day Weekend. Islandia is almost in the middle of the main part of the island, about equal distance to several popular locations. There is a lot to see and enjoy so it was impossible to see all the sights in one visit. We stayed at the Marriott which is near the Mac Arthur Airport. There are no restaurants within walking distance of the hotel. It's in a residential area. If you don't have a car you will have to eat at the Bistro which is rather pricey.
There is no main downtown in Islandia; we did locate the library which is small but very busy and nice. They have free wifi which we used because the Marriott charged for wifi in the rooms and in their business center.
We did find the Walmart which was really busy. Next to it was a great Chinese Restaurant.
- Pros:Good central location on Long Island.
- Cons:Nothing of interest for tourism.
- In a nutshell:Must have your own transportation for a long stay in this area.
807Wheaton's Related Pages
Islandia Travel Guide
Badges & Stats in Islandia
- 1 Reviews
- 8 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (55)
Have you been to Islandia?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Islandia
Photos in IslandiaSee All Photos (8)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination France Intro, 57 reviews, 181 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Augusta Intro, 60 reviews, 100 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination New York State Intro, 29 reviews, 93 photos
- Spain Intro, 25 reviews, 61 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fredericksburg Intro, 16 reviews, 57 photos
- England Intro, 31 reviews, 40 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Colorado Intro, 24 reviews, 45 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Winchester Intro, 21 reviews, 39 photos
- Yellowstone National Park Intro, 15 reviews, 42 photos
- London Intro, 16 reviews, 37 photos