"Welcome to Kalispell, Montana" Top 5 Page for this destination Kalispell by 807Wheaton
Kalispell Travel Guide: 12 reviews and 32 photos
Glacier National Airport is located about 8 miles from Kalispell, so I decided to make that the place to start our trip to the Canadian Rockies. We flew from Augusta, Georgia to Atlanta, on to Salt Lake City, and finally almost eleven hours later we arrived in Kalispell. The airport there is new, modern and attractive - very nice.
Hampton Inn came and picked us up, just a little after we had collected our luggage and took us to their property. We used our Hilton Points to stay there the first night. There is a Sizzler next to their place so ate our dinner there the first evening. They offered to take us anywhere for dinner, as we had not picked up our car yet. The Sizzler had a Seniors lunch and dinner buffet that included the drink; we had the $8.99 Seniors' buffet. It was nicely presented and very good.
The next morning the Hampton Inn took us to Evergreen, about three miles away to pick up our car at Enterprise. These folks really know how to please a customer. Ian had set up the car for me ten months earlier. We met Doc when we got there. He upgraded us to a Ford Focus. No push for extra insurance and all the other things that we have encountered with car agencies in the past. We were given 250 miles a day because I didn't think we would stay within the limited mileage that originally came with the car. This arrangement really worked well to keep us within the seven days rental time, giving us the extra day to get there with no hurry to get a car and pay for an extra day. It was a perfect arrangement. The temps were in the low 60s when we arrived - a great relief from the oppresive heat and humidity we left in Augusta, Georgia.
- Pros:Little town with excellent airport
- Cons:Downtown is struggling
We took a daytrip to Flat Head Lake while we were in Kalispell. On the way back, we drove through Creston and stopped at... more travel advice
807Wheaton's Related Pages
Kalispell Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Welcome to Kalispell, Montana"
- "Kalispell...The best of Montana"
- "The 'Banana Belt'"
- "Kalispell when the trip REALLY started"
- "camarocarol's new Kalispell Page"
- "fire29_1999's new Kalispell Page"
- "Kalispell! You got to come to the Flathead"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Kalispell
- Hotels in Kalispell
- Transportation in Kalispell
- Restaurants in Kalispell
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Kalispell
- 3 Reviews
- 10 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (55)
Have you been to Kalispell?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Kalispell
Photos in KalispellSee All Photos (10)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination France Intro, 57 reviews, 181 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Augusta Intro, 60 reviews, 100 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination New York State Intro, 29 reviews, 93 photos
- Spain Intro, 25 reviews, 61 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fredericksburg Intro, 16 reviews, 57 photos
- England Intro, 31 reviews, 40 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Colorado Intro, 24 reviews, 45 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Winchester Intro, 21 reviews, 39 photos
- Yellowstone National Park Intro, 15 reviews, 42 photos
- London Intro, 16 reviews, 37 photos