"A Visit to Harpers Ferry" Harpers Ferry National Historical Park by 807Wheaton
Harpers Ferry National Historical Park Travel Guide: 0 reviews and 5 photos
We visited Harpers Ferry National Historic Park on The 4th of July!
The park was celebrating the 4th with a re-enactment of life there before the War. They have a good area set aside for picnic tables.
Transportation is provided to visit the town itself. Parking is provided in the park for cars, so walking through the streets is pleasant.
An afternoon is plenty of time to wander around this wonderfully preserved town.
The re-enactors were cooking their food, cleaning their weapons and were quite eager to talk about the issues and events that were occuring in 1861. Their apparel was very authentic. Our grandkids loved it!
- Pros:Good parking and good transportation
- In a nutshell:This is a great place to spend an afternoon learning about our history.
807Wheaton's Related Pages
Harpers Ferry National Historical Park Travel Guide
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Harpers Ferry National Historical Park
- 0 Reviews
- 2 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (26)
Have you been to Harpers Ferry National Historical Park?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Harpers Ferry National Historical Park
Photos in Harpers Ferry National Historical ParkSee All Photos (2)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination France Intro, 57 reviews, 181 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Augusta Intro, 60 reviews, 100 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination New York State Intro, 29 reviews, 93 photos
- Spain Intro, 25 reviews, 61 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fredericksburg Intro, 16 reviews, 57 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination England Intro, 31 reviews, 40 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Colorado Intro, 24 reviews, 45 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Winchester Intro, 21 reviews, 39 photos
- Yellowstone National Park Intro, 15 reviews, 42 photos
- London Intro, 16 reviews, 37 photos