"Lots to do in Key West" Key West by 807Wheaton
Key West Travel Guide: 2,065 reviews and 4,118 photos
We did an orientation drive the afternoon we arrived at Key West. The first thing we discovered was the parking issue. You need lots of quarters to feed the meters if you use the metered parking on the streets. Most of the spots are occupied. There are also parking decks. Any hotel will give you a map that locates the parking decks. We located Mallory Square about 45 minutes before sunset. We were able to locate a spot with a parking meter and walked to Mallory Square. Early November is low tourist season and yet there were a lot of people there waiting for the sunset. During the wait we were entertained by mimes, bicycle antics, horn blowers, sword swallowers and more. Be sure to time your day so you get here early because it's almost impossible to find a parking place nearby.
Great place to relax and enjoy a few days at Key West.
Most of the places we visited were within a reasonable walking distance. We found a parking area on the street near The Hemmingway House that was not metered parking. We parked there all day and walked to the sites and attractions.
- Pros:This place felt authentic
- Cons:Parking issues at it's worst.
- In a nutshell:Enjoyed our time there - lovely spot on the planet
807Wheaton's Related Pages
Key West Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The Parents of a Conch"
- "key west florida"
- "Key West, Florida"
- "Key West Driving Trip May 3-12, 2003"
- "Key West one of my favorite spots in North America"
- "The Key to my Heart; Key West, Florida"
- "Key West"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Key West
- Hotels in Key West
- Transportation in Key West
- Nightlife in Key West
- Restaurants in Key West
- Shopping in Key West
- Warnings and Dangers in Key West
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Key West
- 1 Reviews
- 8 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (56)
Have you been to Key West?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Key West
Photos in Key WestSee All Photos (8)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination France Intro, 57 reviews, 181 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Augusta Intro, 60 reviews, 100 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination New York State Intro, 29 reviews, 93 photos
- Spain Intro, 25 reviews, 61 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fredericksburg Intro, 16 reviews, 57 photos
- England Intro, 31 reviews, 40 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Colorado Intro, 24 reviews, 45 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Winchester Intro, 21 reviews, 39 photos
- Yellowstone National Park Intro, 15 reviews, 42 photos
- London Intro, 16 reviews, 37 photos