"Julian, California" Julian by 807Wheaton
Julian Travel Guide: 89 reviews and 252 photos
About sixty miles north of El Cajon is the town of Julian, famous for its Apple Pie. Until the fearsome Cedar Fire of late October, 2003 the drive up Highway 79 was green and beautiful. Now it is charred and quite bleak. The fire consumed the area around the Southern end of Lake Cuyamaca on Hwy 79. However, Julian itself is 4200 feet in elevation and is "open for business" again. We enjoyed our day there.
- Pros:Bucolic small town in the mountains.
- Cons:Can be quite crowded on weekends.
- In a nutshell:Don't miss the apple pie!
Julian is the home of The Julian Pie Company. You can also purchase their pies at different stores in the San Diego... more travel advice
807Wheaton's Related Pages
Julian Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Julian~Step Back In Time"
- "eMtnMan's Guide to Julian, California"
- "JULIAN, CALIFORNIA APPLE COUNTRY"
- "An Apple Pie Vacation in Julian"
- "Weekend Retreat"
- "Julian, California"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Julian
- Hotels in Julian
- Transportation in Julian
- Nightlife in Julian
- Restaurants in Julian
- Shopping in Julian
- Warnings and Dangers in Julian
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Julian
- 2 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (55)
Have you been to Julian?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Julian
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination France Intro, 57 reviews, 181 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Augusta Intro, 60 reviews, 100 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination New York State Intro, 29 reviews, 93 photos
- Spain Intro, 25 reviews, 61 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fredericksburg Intro, 16 reviews, 57 photos
- England Intro, 31 reviews, 40 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Colorado Intro, 24 reviews, 45 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Winchester Intro, 21 reviews, 39 photos
- Yellowstone National Park Intro, 15 reviews, 42 photos
- London Intro, 16 reviews, 37 photos