"On the Way to Ancient Corinth" Top 5 Page for this destination Ancient Corinth by 807Wheaton
Ancient Corinth Travel Guide: 30 reviews and 163 photos
While we were staying in Athens we took a day trip to Ancient Corinth.
On the way we stopped at the Corinth Canal where we could walk over the bridge and view the Canal.
Emperor Nero first attempted to cut a Canal through the Isthmus. This project was abandoned after 3 months and eventually was completed in 1893. The Canal connects the Gulf of Corinth with the Saronic Gulf. The Canal is 6343 metres long, width is 25 metres and the depth is 8 metres. A real wonder to see!
- Pros:Not real crowded with tourists here
This may look like another pile of ruins but it is the residential area of Ancient Corinth. This is the place where... more travel advice
807Wheaton's Related Pages
Ancient Corinth Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Where Apostle Paul walked"
- "once upon a time an important city"
- "On the Way to Ancient Corinth"
- "A Walk in Ancient Corinth"
- "A Day Trip to Ancient Corinth from Athens"
- "Corinth Canal"
- "Sharrie's Ancient Corinth Cityscapes"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Ancient Corinth
- Hotels in Ancient Corinth
- Transportation in Ancient Corinth
- Nightlife in Ancient Corinth
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Ancient Corinth
- 2 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 7 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (56)
Have you been to Ancient Corinth?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Ancient Corinth
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination France Intro, 57 reviews, 181 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Augusta Intro, 60 reviews, 100 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination New York State Intro, 29 reviews, 93 photos
- Spain Intro, 25 reviews, 61 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fredericksburg Intro, 16 reviews, 57 photos
- England Intro, 31 reviews, 40 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Colorado Intro, 24 reviews, 45 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Winchester Intro, 21 reviews, 39 photos
- Yellowstone National Park Intro, 15 reviews, 42 photos
- London Intro, 16 reviews, 37 photos