"A Gallop Through Colorado" Top 5 Page for this destination Colorado by 807Wheaton
Colorado Travel Guide: 5,579 reviews and 11,838 photos
Lucky us! We have family that live on the Western Slope about 40 miles from Denver. We started visiting Colorado in 1974. Now we visit frequently to see our kith 'n kin. Gallop with me through the Rockies!
The picture above is what comes to most people's minds when they hear or think about Colorado. The East side of the state is very flat, brown and dry - certainly not "Colorful Colorado" here. It's a very long drive past the state line before the mountains come into view behind Denver. If you're lucky. On some days the mountains are not visible until you're right into Denver because of the smog.
Miles and miles of cattle graze on the flat eastern side of Colorado.
The movie "Open Range" with Robert Duvall comes to mind over in the Southwestern side of the state in the Silverton and Gunnison area.
Much better scenery over there than here in the cattle lots.
- Pros:Azure Blue Skies and red rocks
- Cons:Lots of rock outcroppings and bare land
- In a nutshell:I'll be back!
It's been quite a few years since we have spent a night at the Hot Springs Lodge. We were there with our children and it... more travel advice
I found this old picture of Denver while I was doing this page. We don't spend a lot of time in downtown Denver when we... more travel advice
807Wheaton's Related Pages
Colorado Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "COLORADO - CHAMPAGNE POWDERLANDS?"
- "Welcome to America's Playground!"
- "A Gallop Through Colorado"
- "The highest state in the nation"
- "Basaic Colorado Page"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Colorado
- Hotels in Colorado
- Transportation in Colorado
- Nightlife in Colorado
- Restaurants in Colorado
- Shopping in Colorado
- Warnings and Dangers in Colorado
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Colorado
- 24 Reviews
- 45 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (25)
Have you been to Colorado?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Colorado
- Posted in Travel Hungary Forum "Re: Using Currency in Hungary and..."
- updated a Colorado Travel Page "A Gallop Through Colorado"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Pikes Peak and Garden of the Gods"
- Wrote a Review Good place to enjoy the Hot... in Colorado Hotels
- Commented on one of traveldave's Colorado travel pages
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination France Intro, 57 reviews, 181 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Augusta Intro, 60 reviews, 100 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination New York State Intro, 29 reviews, 93 photos
- Spain Intro, 25 reviews, 61 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fredericksburg Intro, 16 reviews, 57 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination England Intro, 31 reviews, 40 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Colorado Intro, 24 reviews, 45 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Winchester Intro, 21 reviews, 39 photos
- Yellowstone National Park Intro, 15 reviews, 42 photos
- London Intro, 16 reviews, 37 photos
FriendsSee All Friends (13)
Top Colorado hotels
- Denver Hotels
- 1016 Reviews - 1797 Photos
- Aurora Hotels
- 2 Reviews - 7 Photos
- Estes Park Hotels
- 154 Reviews - 346 Photos
- Colorado Springs Hotels
- 521 Reviews - 1047 Photos
- Vail Hotels
- 171 Reviews - 317 Photos
- Breckenridge Hotels
- 87 Reviews - 144 Photos
- Westminster Hotels
- 1 Review - 9 Photos
- Pagosa Springs Hotels
- 24 Reviews - 26 Photos
- Grand Junction Hotels
- 75 Reviews - 164 Photos
- Aspen Hotels
- 101 Reviews - 210 Photos
- Glenwood Springs Hotels
- 40 Reviews - 75 Photos
- Keystone Hotels
- 60 Reviews - 119 Photos
- Steamboat Springs Hotels
- 106 Reviews - 170 Photos
- Canon City Hotels
- 48 Reviews - 92 Photos
- Thornton Hotels
- 5 Hotels