"Limerick - Capital of the Shannon Region" Limerick by 807Wheaton
Limerick Travel Guide: 274 reviews and 297 photos
Limerick's difficult periods were famously described in Frank McCourt's book, "Angela's Ashes" .
However, with the opening of the University of Limerick there has been a marked change in fortunes.
Many multinational companies have been attracted to the city, among them Dell Computer being the biggest, employing thousands of people from the city and county.
In the background of this picture you can see King John's Castle.
- In a nutshell:Medieval core and a thriving commercial and tourist center
807Wheaton's Related Pages
Limerick Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Limerick - She's a Lady"
- "My Mother's Hometown"
- "sorry about this one"
- "Orlikins goes home"
- "Limerick City"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Limerick
- Hotels in Limerick
- Transportation in Limerick
- Nightlife in Limerick
- Restaurants in Limerick
- Shopping in Limerick
- Warnings and Dangers in Limerick
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Limerick
- 2 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (56)
Have you been to Limerick?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Limerick
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination France Intro, 57 reviews, 181 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Augusta Intro, 60 reviews, 100 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination New York State Intro, 29 reviews, 93 photos
- Spain Intro, 25 reviews, 61 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fredericksburg Intro, 16 reviews, 57 photos
- England Intro, 31 reviews, 40 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Colorado Intro, 24 reviews, 45 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Winchester Intro, 21 reviews, 39 photos
- Yellowstone National Park Intro, 15 reviews, 42 photos
- London Intro, 16 reviews, 37 photos