"France - a place for many adventures" Top 5 Page for this destination France by 807Wheaton
France Travel Guide: 59,683 reviews and 163,272 photos
France is the biggest country in Western Europe and also has coastline on the Atlantic Ocean and the Mediterrean Sea.
France is the largest producer of cereals and oils, sunflowers subsidized by the EU. Their agriculture also consists of olive trees, rape seed, (canola oil) and maze for animal fodder. Of course you will see a lot of cattle on the countryside which accounts for the wide and varied varity of cheese from France. There are flowers in the south of France, strawberries in the Dordogne, mushrooms in the Loire and Champagne wines east of Paris. France is a delightful treat for all the senses.
This wonderful area of France is not as large a tourist area as the more well known spots. The countryside here more in the center of France is absolutely gorgeous. We discovered there are many, many castles in this area, some located on the Dordogne River. We traveled via Bergerac to see the castle of Beynac, the fortress of Castelnaud and Josephine Baker's Chateau of Les Milandes.
This picture was taken in St. Emilion, near Bordeaux, famous for its red wines. Being there in September meant that we could see the grape harvest taking place. Quite impressive.
- Pros:A country of dazzling landscapes and civilizations!
- Cons:France is so big, it is hard to take it in.
- In a nutshell:This is: joie de vivre!
This is a lovely little picture of an area we saw when we were in Beaune. more travel advice
We had several things picked out to visit in the Louvre. Walking through the rooms and floors to the choices gave us a... more travel advice
807Wheaton's Related Pages
France Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "BEAUTIFUL FRANCE !!!"
- "France - a place for many adventures"
- "France 2002 & 1995"
- "LA BELLE FRANCE"
- "My memory of the past, my dreams of the future"
- See All...
- Things to Do in France
- Hotels in France
- Transportation in France
- Nightlife in France
- Restaurants in France
- Shopping in France
- Warnings and Dangers in France
- See All...
Badges & Stats in France
- 57 Reviews
- 179 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (26)
Have you been to France?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in France
- Commented on one of 807Wheaton's France travel pages
- updated a France Travel Page "France - a place for many adventures"
- Posted in Travel Hungary Forum "Re: Using Currency in Hungary and..."
- Uploaded a Photo to "The Basque Country of the Pyrenees"
- Wrote a Review Another side of Beaune in France Things to Do
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination France Intro, 57 reviews, 181 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Augusta Intro, 60 reviews, 100 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination New York State Intro, 29 reviews, 93 photos
- Spain Intro, 25 reviews, 61 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fredericksburg Intro, 16 reviews, 57 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination England Intro, 31 reviews, 40 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Colorado Intro, 24 reviews, 45 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Winchester Intro, 21 reviews, 39 photos
- Yellowstone National Park Intro, 15 reviews, 42 photos
- London Intro, 16 reviews, 37 photos