"Ejmiatsin - Armenia's religious center" Ejmiatsin by tabibito-x
Ejmiatsin Travel Guide: 18 reviews and 83 photos
Ejmiatsin is just a few miles away from Yerevan. It's Armenia's religious centre. It's a little known fact that Armenia was the first country ever to declare Christianity its state religion. That was in 301 A.D. Still, Armenia's christianity is quite different. It's called Armenian Orthodox. Ejmiatsin as its centre is therefore quite popular. To visit the service in Ejmiatsin is really impressive - also for none-Christians.
The churches and monasteries form a big complex. There, they mix old architecture with new elements. When you watch the people there, it appears that its really a sacred place for many Armenians.
It's easy to go there by bus or marshrutka from Yerevan's city centre. Between the two towns, there is the international airport.
tabibito-x's Related Pages
Ejmiatsin Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Ejmiatsin, the Religous Center of Armenia"
- "Echmiadzin and Zvartnots"
- "Ejmiatsin - Armenia's religious center"
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Ejmiatsin
- 0 Reviews
- 2 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (1)
Have you been to Ejmiatsin?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Ejmiatsin
Top 10 Pages
- Georgia Intro, 4 reviews, 5 photos
- Moldova Intro, 7 photos, 1 travelogue
- Hagi Intro, 2 reviews, 4 photos
- Yalta Intro, 2 reviews, 3 photos
- Ohrid Intro, 2 reviews, 2 photos
- Japan Intro, 2 photos, 1 travelogue
- Ejmiatsin Intro, 2 photos
- K'aghak' Sevan 1 review, 1 photo
- South Korea Intro, 1 photo
- Taiwan Intro, 1 photo
No friends yet.