"Slovenia: An Undiscovered treasure" Postojna by SFNinja
Postojna Travel Guide: 140 reviews and 419 photos
Seeking to esape the oppressive Italian heat, i ventured across the border into Slovenia. It's easy to do if your a citizen of the EU, but so few Americans go to Slovenia that they were suspicious of me. I decided to go to Lipica, home of the famous Lipitzer horses. These majestic white horses were used for hundreds of years by kings and emperors. Slovenia has a very nice climate, and I believe it has the lowest population density of any country in Europe. It is home to rolling hills and snowy peaks, great for the outdoorsman (or woman). Postojna, another town I visited, has some really amazing caves too. Slovenia is definitely worth a visit, as it isnt overcrowded and largely undiscovered by american tourists. However, almost everyone here speaks a variety of languages...(English is the FIFTH language, but everyone understands is a little and speaks a little)
- Pros:Great Weather, Nice People, Not Crowded, Multilingual, Inexpensive
- Cons:Hard to get to
- In a nutshell:Whats not to like?
A fun filled train ride, and a hike through one of the natural wonders of the world await you at the Postojna caves.... more travel advice
SFNinja's Related Pages
Postojna Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The cave you must visit"
- "Posotjna Caves"
- "Postojnska Jama: wonderful caves"
- "The magical subterranean world of Postojna"
- "Postojna Caves and the Human Fish"
- "Slovenian Swiss Cheese"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Postojna
- Hotels in Postojna
- Transportation in Postojna
- Restaurants in Postojna
- Shopping in Postojna
- Warnings and Dangers in Postojna
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Postojna
- 2 Reviews
- 2 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Postojna?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Postojna
- Venice Intro, 4 reviews, 6 photos
- Postojna Intro, 2 reviews, 2 photos
- Santa Fe Intro, 3 reviews
- Top 5 Page for this destination Santa Clara Intro, 2 reviews
No friends yet.