"Xuzhou, Jiangsu Province" Xuzhou by meteorologist1

Xuzhou Travel Guide: 36 reviews and 72 photos

Xuzhou is my real hometown (where I was born). It is a mid-sized city located in northern Jiangsu Province. It is roughly halfway between Beijing and Shanghai. I travel here a lot to see my grandparents. There are many interesting sights and attractions around here. Some of the popular spots include the Yunlong Mountain and Lake as well as the park that contains the Monument to Huaihai Campaign Martyrs. We also have a place to see some unearthed Terra Cotta Warriors and Horses of the Han Dynasty (as opposed to the more famous ones in Xi'an of the Qin Dynasty). The ancient tomb of the Chu King of the Han Dynasty is also located here. You also should not miss the Folk Custom Museum where you get to walk through some traditional Chinese houses and yards. There are also lots of parks and hills in the Xuzhou area. There are big shopping malls and many wonderful restaurants in the city center.

How to get there...

Xuzhou can be easily reached by the train, but can also be reached by car or air. The main train station is located just east of the city center. Once you are there, there are numerous taxi and bus services that will take you around the city. Xuzhou does have an airport far away from the city. It is located approximately 40 km southeast of the city. There is a bus service that runs between the airport and the train station. The airport only serves domestic flights. There are some good accommodations in Xuzhou near the train station and in the city center. Enjoy Xuzhou!

• In a nutshell:Convenient, typical middle-sized Chinese city
  • Last visit to Xuzhou: Jul 2006
  • Intro Updated Aug 31, 2006

• Jim_Eliason's Profile Photo
    Aug 9, 2013 at 6:17 PM

Nice page

• ellyse's Profile Photo
    Jan 8, 2010 at 1:12 PM

Hey, I had the hot soup too! It was really good, but the queue to get each separate breakfast item wasn't. :( How do you pronounce the name of this soup, in Mandarin?

• SLLiew's Profile Photo
    May 21, 2007 at 12:53 AM

Been to Suzhou and Hangzhou but admit first time I hear of Xuzhou. Very interesting to know Han terra cotta warriors, different tones and hot soup. Hopefully soon there will be a fast train instead of half day bus ride.

• Sep 1, 2005 at 6:35 AM

Your page provides the most info on Xuzhou than I have been able to find. But: How about the little terra cotta warriors? Any shopping recommendations?

• Confucius's Profile Photo
    Jun 13, 2005 at 2:56 AM

I speak Mandarin, but how will I remember to use the 3rd instead of 1st tone, replace 2nd tone with 1st tone, and then, after all that, recall that 2nd tone in Xuzhou is actually 3rd tone? I have enough problems getting the original 4 tones right!

• Jim_Eliason's Profile Photo
    Feb 23, 2005 at 6:29 PM

Great page I would love to visit here someday!

• snehulak's Profile Photo
    Dec 12, 2004 at 1:50 AM

Great site with good insider information. I can't wait to see Xuzhou myself next year!

• mim95's Profile Photo
    Mar 1, 2004 at 5:14 PM

Interesting city! Trying the food from street vendors must be a great experience...remind me of the night markets in Taipei.

• irisbe's Profile Photo
    Aug 28, 2003 at 2:31 PM

keep us informed :) now you have to invite me to view your futur page ! welcome at VT!

• meteorologist1's Profile Photo
    Aug 19, 2003 at 6:42 PM

herzog63, I will be in Xuzhou next month. Check back here in about a month for pictures and tips! Thanks!

meteorologist1 Was Born Here!

meteorologist1

“Go out there and see the world!”

Badges & Stats in Xuzhou