"Xuzhou, Jiangsu Province" Xuzhou by meteorologist1
Xuzhou Travel Guide: 36 reviews and 72 photos
Xuzhou is my real hometown (where I was born). It is a mid-sized city located in northern Jiangsu Province. It is roughly halfway between Beijing and Shanghai. I travel here a lot to see my grandparents. There are many interesting sights and attractions around here. Some of the popular spots include the Yunlong Mountain and Lake as well as the park that contains the Monument to Huaihai Campaign Martyrs. We also have a place to see some unearthed Terra Cotta Warriors and Horses of the Han Dynasty (as opposed to the more famous ones in Xi'an of the Qin Dynasty). The ancient tomb of the Chu King of the Han Dynasty is also located here. You also should not miss the Folk Custom Museum where you get to walk through some traditional Chinese houses and yards. There are also lots of parks and hills in the Xuzhou area. There are big shopping malls and many wonderful restaurants in the city center.
Xuzhou can be easily reached by the train, but can also be reached by car or air. The main train station is located just east of the city center. Once you are there, there are numerous taxi and bus services that will take you around the city. Xuzhou does have an airport far away from the city. It is located approximately 40 km southeast of the city. There is a bus service that runs between the airport and the train station. The airport only serves domestic flights. There are some good accommodations in Xuzhou near the train station and in the city center. Enjoy Xuzhou!
- In a nutshell:Convenient, typical middle-sized Chinese city
The Xuzhou Concert Hall holds concerts and performances featuring performers from all over the world. We saw a... more travel advice
The cultural attractions at the Lion Hill offer a nice history lesson of the area. What is now present-day Xuzhou used... more travel advice
meteorologist1's Related Pages
Xuzhou Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Xuzhou, Jiangsu Province"
- "Hometown of Liu Bang -- Founder of Han Dynasty"
- "Visit to Xuzhou"
- "Xuzhou - a City in the Middle of 4 Provinces"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Xuzhou
- Transportation in Xuzhou
- Restaurants in Xuzhou
- Warnings and Dangers in Xuzhou
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Xuzhou
- 29 Reviews
- 34 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 10 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (12)
Have you been to Xuzhou?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Xuzhou
Photos in XuzhouSee All Photos (34)
Top 10 Pages
- Chicago Intro, 52 reviews, 94 photos, 5 travelogues
- Beijing Intro, 47 reviews, 50 photos
- Shanghai Intro, 26 reviews, 58 photos, 1 travelogue
- San Francisco Intro, 35 reviews, 39 photos
- Vancouver Intro, 33 reviews, 36 photos
- Los Angeles Intro, 28 reviews, 35 photos, 1 travelogue
- Xuzhou Intro, 29 reviews, 34 photos
- Rome Intro, 25 reviews, 35 photos, 1 travelogue
- Victoria Intro, 27 reviews, 30 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination South Bend Intro, 20 reviews, 35 photos, 2 travelogues