"South Bend, Indiana" Top 5 Page for this destination South Bend by meteorologist1
South Bend Travel Guide: 138 reviews and 246 photos
The South Bend/Mishawaka area, or Michiana, in northern Indiana is where I am located (at least during the summer months when I'm on summer break). I live in Mishawaka, but the better-known city is South Bend. It is the 4th largest city in Indiana. The county, St.Joseph County, is also the 4th largest county in Indiana. All I can say that this is a typical, middle-sized American city.
South Bend is home to the University of Notre Dame. Each football season the city is extremely festive. Another university located in South Bend is Indiana University-South Bend. I am less than a hundred miles east of Chicago, Illinois. The attractions offered in South Bend is pretty much listed on that sign in the photo on the left. This sign is located on Indiana SR 933 / U.S. 31 Business just off Exit 77 from the Indiana Toll Road (I-80/90), which most of you would use to get to South Bend.
Northern Indiana is home to a fairly large Amish population. Therefore, be sure to visit the beautiful Amish hometowns around the area. Most of these towns are located east of South Bend. The historic Amish Acres in Nappanee is where you can experience typical life in the Amish Country. Das Dutchman Essenhaus in Middlebury is where you can experience traditional Amish homemade cooking. The place also sells baked goods such as pies and bread as well as peanut butter, all made from scratch.
If you will be visiting Chicago and have some spare time, come over to visit northern Indiana and the South Bend area. Enjoy South Bend!
- In a nutshell:A typical middle-sized American city
Located in Shipshewana, IN (east of South Bend) on Indiana State Road 5, the Menno-Hof is the Mennonite Anabaptist... more travel advice
Located east of South Bend in the heart of Amish Country, Shipshewana is a unique community where you can see Amish... more travel advice
- See All South Bend Farmers Market
- See All University Park Mall
- See All Lake Effect Snow
- Notre Dame football
Written May 9, 2016
Photos from Amish Country
Written May 9, 2016
University of Notre Dame
meteorologist1's Related Pages
South Bend Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "God, Country, Notre Dame"
- "South Bend, Indiana"
- "MY home town.. South Bend, IN :("
- "Golden Domers and Silver Hawks"
- "Notre Dame / South Bend"
- "River City On My Mind"
- "What Is Michiana?"
- See All...
- Things to Do in South Bend
- Hotels in South Bend
- Transportation in South Bend
- Nightlife in South Bend
- Restaurants in South Bend
- Shopping in South Bend
- Warnings and Dangers in South Bend
- See All...
Badges & Stats in South Bend
- 20 Reviews
- 35 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 9 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (16)
Have you been to South Bend?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in South Bend
- updated a South Bend Travelogue "Photos from Amish Country"
- Posted in Travel Chicago Forum "Re: transportation from Chicago..."
- Uploaded a Video to South Bend
- Commented on one of grkboiler's South Bend travel pages
- Uploaded a Photo to "University of Notre Dame"
- Wrote a Review South Bend Farmers Market in South Bend Things to Do
Top 10 Pages
- Chicago Intro, 54 reviews, 103 photos, 5 travelogues
- Beijing Intro, 47 reviews, 50 photos
- Shanghai Intro, 26 reviews, 58 photos, 1 travelogue
- San Francisco Intro, 35 reviews, 39 photos
- Vancouver Intro, 33 reviews, 36 photos
- Los Angeles Intro, 28 reviews, 35 photos, 1 travelogue
- Xuzhou Intro, 29 reviews, 34 photos
- Rome Intro, 25 reviews, 35 photos, 1 travelogue
- Las Vegas Intro, 27 reviews, 33 photos
- Victoria Intro, 27 reviews, 30 photos