"South Bend, Indiana" Top 5 Page for this destination South Bend by meteorologist1

South Bend Travel Guide: 136 reviews and 234 photos

The South Bend/Mishawaka area, or Michiana, in northern Indiana is where I am located (at least during the summer months when I'm on summer break). I live in Mishawaka, but the better-known city is South Bend. It is the 4th largest city in Indiana. The county, St.Joseph County, is also the 4th largest county in Indiana. All I can say that this is a typical, middle-sized American city.

South Bend is home to the University of Notre Dame. Each football season the city is extremely festive. Another university located in South Bend is Indiana University-South Bend. I am less than a hundred miles east of Chicago, Illinois. The attractions offered in South Bend is pretty much listed on that sign in the photo on the left. This sign is located on Indiana SR 933 / U.S. 31 Business just off Exit 77 from the Indiana Toll Road (I-80/90), which most of you would use to get to South Bend.

Northern Indiana

Northern Indiana is home to a fairly large Amish population. Therefore, be sure to visit the beautiful Amish hometowns around the area. Most of these towns are located east of South Bend. The historic Amish Acres in Nappanee is where you can experience typical life in the Amish Country. Das Dutchman Essenhaus in Middlebury is where you can experience traditional Amish homemade cooking. The place also sells baked goods such as pies and bread as well as peanut butter, all made from scratch.

If you will be visiting Chicago and have some spare time, come over to visit northern Indiana and the South Bend area. Enjoy South Bend!

• In a nutshell:A typical middle-sized American city
  • Last visit to South Bend: Dec 2003
  • Intro Updated Sep 4, 2004

• wish-nu's Profile Photo
    Sep 23, 2006 at 3:52 PM

super South Bend page

• Dec 14, 2004 at 8:34 PM

Great job on your South Bend page! I will have to check out the College Football HOF next time I am out there. I'm glad you liked my ND football pics, thanks!

• FOotFetish's Profile Photo
    Jun 23, 2004 at 7:10 AM

excellent South bend pages! Thanks for sharing dude!-greetings from Perth, Western Australia

• Sep 29, 2003 at 6:38 AM

Beautiful Pics! I wish you all the the best! H A P P Y B I R T H A D A Y!!!!! Your pages are wonderful !!! Have good day Yan!!

• herzog63's Profile Photo
    Sep 26, 2003 at 9:49 AM

Wonder why the water tastes funny....I'd love to see a Notre Dame Football game! I like your Amish travelogue! Great page Yan!

• sambarnett's Profile Photo
    Aug 28, 2003 at 9:24 PM

Ever see the documentary "Devil's Playground"? REALLY interesting look at the Amish.

• KaiM's Profile Photo
    Aug 26, 2003 at 11:48 PM

Wonderful page on South Bend. Great tips. I really enjoyed my stay in that area.

• Ischyros's Profile Photo
    Aug 25, 2003 at 10:10 AM

Very nice page. Essenhaus is one of my favorite restaurants!

• ElTeenio's Profile Photo
    Jul 28, 2003 at 8:16 PM

All of the areas you mention as safe are also mainly places where you need a car. Are there places where there are coffee shops, cafes, in the city that might be worth mentioning?

meteorologist1

“Go out there and see the world!”

Badges & Stats in South Bend

Have you been to South Bend?

Latest Activity in South Bend