"London, United Kingdom" London by meteorologist1
London Travel Guide: 25,575 reviews and 58,298 photos
London is obviously a world-class city, the capital of England and the UK. To visit this magnificent city is truly everyone's dream. London has a lot to offer, from famous landmarks and museums to unforgettable dining and shopping experiences. So, where do you start in planning your trip? This can be a bit intimidating. Nowadays everyone seems to be on a budget, so is it still possible to have an enjoyable trip to London, given the fact that the exchange rate between the U.S. dollar and British pound can easily translate into a very expensive trip for Americans to the UK? If you have booked a tour package already, good for you. The tips you will find in my London travel pages are geared toward the traveler who wants to find his/her own accommodations and transportation and develop a strategic itinerary in an effort to reduce costs. We visited London on a budget and still had a very memorable and smooth visit. I hope these budget travel tips will be useful to you!
If you want to explore London and the surrounding region completely and immerse yourself in the local culture, then you may have to live here for a month. But if you have just a few days (perhaps only two or three days) in London, then these are the places that I recommend you visit:
Westminster area: Buckingham Palace, Westminster Abbey, Big Ben, Houses of Parliament
Museums: British Museum, National Gallery, British Library, Tate Modern
Historic Sites: Tower of London, Tower Bridge, St. Paul's Cathedral, Shakespeare's Globe Theater, Windsor Castle (outside of London)
Shopping, Dining, and Entertainment: Covent Garden, London Eye, Harrods Department Store, Hamleys Toy Store
- In a nutshell:A magnificent world-class city...
One of the well-known landmarks of London, the Tower Bridge spans the River Thames on the east side of London. A... more travel advice
Take advantage of public transportation, namely the famous red double-decker buses. This is absolutely a cheap and fun... more travel advice
meteorologist1's Related Pages
London Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "My Current Home"
- "Maybe it's Because I'm A Londoner...."
- "Gor Blimey guv'ner...you'r having a larf......"
- "Maybe it's because I'm a Londoner ..."
- "London, the capital of England"
- "When a man tires of London, he is tired of life"
- See All...
- Things to Do in London
- Hotels in London
- Transportation in London
- Nightlife in London
- Restaurants in London
- Shopping in London
- Warnings and Dangers in London
- See All...
Badges & Stats in London
- 5 Reviews
- 8 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (16)
Have you been to London?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in London
Photos in LondonSee All Photos (8)
Top 10 Pages
- Chicago Intro, 54 reviews, 103 photos, 5 travelogues
- Beijing Intro, 47 reviews, 50 photos
- Shanghai Intro, 26 reviews, 58 photos, 1 travelogue
- San Francisco Intro, 35 reviews, 39 photos
- Vancouver Intro, 33 reviews, 36 photos
- Los Angeles Intro, 28 reviews, 35 photos, 1 travelogue
- Xuzhou Intro, 29 reviews, 34 photos
- Rome Intro, 25 reviews, 35 photos, 1 travelogue
- Las Vegas Intro, 27 reviews, 33 photos
- Victoria Intro, 27 reviews, 30 photos