"Pompei, Italy" Pompeii by meteorologist1
Pompeii Travel Guide: 980 reviews and 2,702 photos
Pompei, located not far from Naples and not far from Mount Vesuvius, was the site of a terrible tragedy that occurred in 79 A.D. That year the volcano erupted, burrying the entire city along with its people in volcanic ash. You can actually witness that terrible day by seeing well-preserved human bodies in positions to dodge the volcanic ash. Walk along the ancient city blocks and tour some houses where people lived. The site also contains a huge amphitheater. Pompei is a must-see for visitors to southern Italy.
- In a nutshell:Relive that horrible day when the volcano erupted...
People were not the only victims of this tragic event. Animals and livestock also perished as a result of this... more travel advice
There are some important or symbolic statues in the Ruins of Pompei that are specially shown. This one is a bronze... more travel advice
meteorologist1's Related Pages
Pompeii Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The wonderful Roman town of Pompei"
- "The Dead City"
- "Striding across Pompei"
- "Frozen in time"
- "The Uncovered City"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Pompeii
- Hotels in Pompeii
- Transportation in Pompeii
- Nightlife in Pompeii
- Restaurants in Pompeii
- Shopping in Pompeii
- Warnings and Dangers in Pompeii
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Pompeii
- 15 Reviews
- 16 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 7 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (12)
Have you been to Pompeii?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Pompeii
Photos in PompeiiSee All Photos (16)
Top 10 Pages
- Chicago Intro, 52 reviews, 94 photos, 5 travelogues
- Beijing Intro, 47 reviews, 50 photos
- Shanghai Intro, 26 reviews, 58 photos, 1 travelogue
- San Francisco Intro, 35 reviews, 39 photos
- Vancouver Intro, 33 reviews, 36 photos
- Los Angeles Intro, 28 reviews, 35 photos, 1 travelogue
- Xuzhou Intro, 29 reviews, 34 photos
- Rome Intro, 25 reviews, 35 photos, 1 travelogue
- Victoria Intro, 27 reviews, 30 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination South Bend Intro, 20 reviews, 35 photos, 2 travelogues