"Here, where the tourists aren't you'll enjoy India" Vishakhapatnam by ChadSteve1975
Vishakhapatnam Travel Guide: 22 reviews and 93 photos
Vizage is the major port of India's East Coast, if not India.
But that's not why I visited the place.
Vizag is the hometown of my friend Prasad. And as all good Indians go home for their wedding we were all off to India for our first Hindu wedding.
Vizag apparently has a population of around 7 million. This doesn't though mean it'll look like 7 million. I can't say I counted too many sets of traffic lights around. Though road rules mean little in India. The airport is a basic shell awaiting the construction of the new terminal and the train station a relic of the past good times.
A new highway is currently being built through to the port. This is a good sign the place is going up.
And the best sign of all for the local economy. A foreshore beautification program is also underway. This will help make vizag a stopover on the tours.
- Pros:Away from the Tourists... Great shopping
- Cons:No big touristy sites. Open Sewers around town.
- In a nutshell:Vizag is a getaway away from the traps of the Big Cities
So I don't know its real name... naughty me... We got taken to this beach north of Vizag for a day of fun on the... more travel advice
This is a run of the mill cheap shoe store in Vizag. We went with one purpose. To be humiliated. Apparently. When I... more travel advice
ChadSteve1975's Related Pages
Vishakhapatnam Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "VISHAKHAPATTNAM: An Industrial City Made Touristy!"
- "Here, where the tourists aren't you'll enjoy India"
- "Welcome to the South West Coast of India"
- "A Brief view into local life."
- "tourist companionship"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Vishakhapatnam
- Hotels in Vishakhapatnam
- Transportation in Vishakhapatnam
- Restaurants in Vishakhapatnam
- Shopping in Vishakhapatnam
- Warnings and Dangers in Vishakhapatnam
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Vishakhapatnam
- 6 Reviews
- 7 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (6)
Have you been to Vishakhapatnam?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Vishakhapatnam
Photos in VishakhapatnamSee All Photos (7)
Top 10 Pages
- Vancouver Intro, 27 reviews, 55 photos, 2 travelogues
- Brisbane Intro, 28 reviews, 28 photos
- Melbourne Intro, 14 reviews, 16 photos
- New York City Intro, 12 reviews, 14 photos
- San Francisco Intro, 12 reviews, 13 photos
- Paris Intro, 10 reviews, 11 photos
- Dublin Intro, 10 reviews, 11 photos
- Perth Intro, 9 reviews, 10 photos
- Victoria Intro, 6 reviews, 13 photos
- Airlie Beach Intro, 10 reviews, 9 photos
No friends yet.