"I'm a cheap flight junkie!" ChadSteve1975's Profile
I live, therefore I holiday. Ever since my first overseas trip in June 2000 to East Coast USA I have redirected every bit of my savings to holidaying.
I holiday overseas and domestically. I believe in working hard and traveling further. Just don't sit still.
I work for a financial planning firm in the city. I like my job, but I like even more to be away from my job. The general rule is, when on holidays I don't want to be sitting at home.
I would go to the ends of the earth just to see something different.
I love seeing the blue of the sea on the Great Barrier Reef. The blue of the lakes in Canada.
On my first trip I met some wise travelers who said they never went to the same place twice. I like this idea. But in reality sometimes you need a second chance to visit a place fully.
Not everywhere I go is a 10 hour flight away. But making distance an issue is wrong.
I don't have to fly far to get away. I just have to get away.
Domestically I've been travelling to:
Airlie Beach, Alice Springs, Ayers Rock, Canberra, Cairns, Mackay, Melbourne, Perth, Rockhampton, and Sydney. That list excludes the local trips around Brisbane.
Whats a good trip without a travel buddy. I do have my twin brother Steve at my disposal. He was there on my first trip overseas, and then also in Europe in 2001. But since then we've travelled separately but for a catch up in Paris in 2007
And then there is love lost. You know the story. Boy meets girl. Falls in love and then proceeds to follow her around the world on various trips just to see her again. Argh! A truly tragic story I am when it comes to that.
All I will say is that I am a sucker for accents and beauty.
Internationally I've visited:
Atlanta, Banff, Boston, Calgary, Chicago, Honolulu, Jasper, Kananaskis, Kelowna, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, Miami, Monteray (CA), Montreal, Morristown ( NJ), New York, Nanaimo, New Orleans, Niagara Falls, Ottawa, Philadelphia, Portland, Quebec City, Reno, Salt Lake City, San Deigo, San Francisco, Seattle, Summit (NJ), Tofino, Toronto, Vancouver, Victoria, Washington, and Welland.
Amsterdam, Athens, Bamberg, Berlin, Cannes, Copenhagen, Dublin, Florence, Frankfurt, Hamburg, Helsinki, Hopfgarten, Ios, Kiel, Lauterbrunnen, London, Lubeck, Milan, Minsk, Monaco, Moscow, Munich, Novogrod, Paris, Pisa, Prague, Plzen, Rome, Santorini, Siena, Stockholm, St Petersburg, Tallinn, The Vatican, Victoria, Vancouver, Venice, Warsaw.
Asia & Oceania
Auckland, Bangkok, Chiang Mai, Chennai, Kho Phangan, Kuala Lumpur, Shanghai, Siam Reap, Pheom Phen, Singapore, Vishakhapatnam
And that list doesn't even count the places I've sat in transit.
Thai Cooking School
Lords Cricket Ground
Great Barrier Reef
Great Ocean Road
The home of Jazz in New Orleans
Guiness Beer Factory in Dublin
2009 completed a small journey to ski in Europe, hike in Italy, and drink in Germany.
2010 will bring at least a trip to Asia thanks to cheap flights.
But then I'm thinking it's time. Time to revisit the past.
I think I'm ready to see her, and not get caught up by her.
Love lost is a painful thing.
Top Travel Pages
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 258 Reviews
- 373 Photos
- 17 Countries
- 47 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
- Uploaded a Photo to "Bamberg is Beer."
- created a Bamberg Travel Page "Bamberg is Beer."
updated their Profile Page "I'm a cheap flight junkie!"
- Wrote a Review Dolphin Feeding in Tin Can Bay Things to Do
- Posted in Travel Vancouver Forum "Re: Accommodation in Vancouver/..."
- Commented on mayafly's profile page
Top 10 Pages
- Vancouver Intro, 27 reviews, 55 photos, 2 travelogues
- Brisbane Intro, 28 reviews, 28 photos
- Melbourne Intro, 14 reviews, 16 photos
- New York City Intro, 12 reviews, 14 photos
- San Francisco Intro, 12 reviews, 13 photos
- Paris Intro, 10 reviews, 11 photos
- Dublin Intro, 10 reviews, 11 photos
- Perth Intro, 9 reviews, 10 photos
- Victoria Intro, 6 reviews, 13 photos
- Airlie Beach Intro, 10 reviews, 9 photos
No friends yet.
- Paris Hotels
- 22500 Reviews - 55076 Photos
- Fort Lauderdale Hotels
- 659 Reviews - 1389 Photos
- Dubai Hotels
- 2702 Reviews - 7927 Photos
- London Hotels
- 23331 Reviews - 48936 Photos
- Manila Hotels
- 2029 Reviews - 4971 Photos
- New York City Hotels
- 15645 Reviews - 31276 Photos
- Baguio Hotels
- 328 Reviews - 894 Photos
- Cancún Hotels
- 1933 Reviews - 3724 Photos
- Orlando Hotels
- 3100 Reviews - 5884 Photos
- Punta Cana Hotels
- 422 Reviews - 1020 Photos
- Playa del Carmen Hotels
- 781 Reviews - 1749 Photos
- Goa Hotels
- 2059 Reviews - 3877 Photos
- Bangkok Hotels
- 10316 Reviews - 22906 Photos
- Rome Hotels
- 12024 Reviews - 26769 Photos
- Istanbul Hotels
- 7829 Reviews - 20234 Photos