"I'm a cheap flight junkie!" ChadSteve1975's Profile
I live, therefore I holiday. Ever since my first overseas trip in June 2000 to East Coast USA I have redirected every bit of my savings to holidaying.
I holiday overseas and domestically. I believe in working hard and traveling further. Just don't sit still.
I work for a financial planning firm in the city. I like my job, but I like even more to be away from my job. The general rule is, when on holidays I don't want to be sitting at home.
I would go to the ends of the earth just to see something different.
I love seeing the blue of the sea on the Great Barrier Reef. The blue of the lakes in Canada.
On my first trip I met some wise travelers who said they never went to the same place twice. I like this idea. But in reality sometimes you need a second chance to visit a place fully.
Not everywhere I go is a 10 hour flight away. But making distance an issue is wrong.
I don't have to fly far to get away. I just have to get away.
Domestically I've been travelling to:
Airlie Beach, Alice Springs, Ayers Rock, Canberra, Cairns, Mackay, Melbourne, Perth, Rockhampton, and Sydney. That list excludes the local trips around Brisbane.
Whats a good trip without a travel buddy. I do have my twin brother Steve at my disposal. He was there on my first trip overseas, and then also in Europe in 2001. But since then we've travelled separately but for a catch up in Paris in 2007
And then there is love lost. You know the story. Boy meets girl. Falls in love and then proceeds to follow her around the world on various trips just to see her again. Argh! A truly tragic story I am when it comes to that.
All I will say is that I am a sucker for accents and beauty.
Internationally I've visited:
Atlanta, Banff, Boston, Calgary, Chicago, Honolulu, Jasper, Kananaskis, Kelowna, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, Miami, Monteray (CA), Montreal, Morristown ( NJ), New York, Nanaimo, New Orleans, Niagara Falls, Ottawa, Philadelphia, Portland, Quebec City, Reno, Salt Lake City, San Deigo, San Francisco, Seattle, Summit (NJ), Tofino, Toronto, Vancouver, Victoria, Washington, and Welland.
Amsterdam, Athens, Bamberg, Berlin, Cannes, Copenhagen, Dublin, Florence, Frankfurt, Hamburg, Helsinki, Hopfgarten, Ios, Kiel, Lauterbrunnen, London, Lubeck, Milan, Minsk, Monaco, Moscow, Munich, Novogrod, Paris, Pisa, Prague, Plzen, Rome, Santorini, Siena, Stockholm, St Petersburg, Tallinn, The Vatican, Victoria, Vancouver, Venice, Warsaw.
Asia & Oceania
Auckland, Bangkok, Chiang Mai, Chennai, Kho Phangan, Kuala Lumpur, Shanghai, Siam Reap, Pheom Phen, Singapore, Vishakhapatnam
And that list doesn't even count the places I've sat in transit.
Thai Cooking School
Lords Cricket Ground
Great Barrier Reef
Great Ocean Road
The home of Jazz in New Orleans
Guiness Beer Factory in Dublin
2009 completed a small journey to ski in Europe, hike in Italy, and drink in Germany.
2010 will bring at least a trip to Asia thanks to cheap flights.
But then I'm thinking it's time. Time to revisit the past.
I think I'm ready to see her, and not get caught up by her.
Love lost is a painful thing.
Top Travel Pages
Explore the World
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 258 Reviews
- 373 Photos
- 17 Countries
- 47 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
- Uploaded a Photo to "Bamberg is Beer."
- created a Bamberg Travel Page "Bamberg is Beer."
updated their Profile Page "I'm a cheap flight junkie!"
- Wrote a Review Dolphin Feeding in Tin Can Bay Things to Do
- Posted in Travel Vancouver Forum "Re: Accommodation in Vancouver/..."
- Commented on mayafly's profile page
Top 10 Pages
- Vancouver Intro, 27 reviews, 55 photos, 2 travelogues
- Brisbane Intro, 28 reviews, 28 photos
- Melbourne Intro, 14 reviews, 16 photos
- New York City Intro, 12 reviews, 14 photos
- San Francisco Intro, 12 reviews, 13 photos
- Paris Intro, 10 reviews, 11 photos
- Dublin Intro, 10 reviews, 11 photos
- Perth Intro, 9 reviews, 10 photos
- Victoria Intro, 6 reviews, 13 photos
- Airlie Beach Intro, 10 reviews, 9 photos
No friends yet.
- Paris Hotels
- 22200 Reviews - 54008 Photos
- New York City Hotels
- 15557 Reviews - 30993 Photos
- Orlando Hotels
- 3082 Reviews - 5778 Photos
- London Hotels
- 23039 Reviews - 47275 Photos
- Myrtle Beach Hotels
- 319 Reviews - 425 Photos
- Rome Hotels
- 11942 Reviews - 26476 Photos
- Manila Hotels
- 1912 Reviews - 4527 Photos
- Cancún Hotels
- 1930 Reviews - 3719 Photos
- Las Vegas Hotels
- 8369 Reviews - 17097 Photos
- Toronto Hotels
- 4277 Reviews - 8800 Photos
- Baguio Hotels
- 325 Reviews - 885 Photos
- Panama City Beach Hotels
- 193 Reviews - 288 Photos
- Istanbul Hotels
- 7699 Reviews - 19779 Photos
- Melbourne Hotels
- 3342 Reviews - 7500 Photos
- Dubai Hotels
- 2421 Reviews - 6530 Photos