"To Whom The Bell Tolls?*" Zagorska Sela by diocletianvs
Zagorska Sela Travel Guide: 10 reviews and 12 photos
Zagorje is the name for the region situated to the north from Zagreb. It is a beautiful area known by its hills, vineyards, old castles and several spa centers. Zagorska sela (meaning “Zagorje villages”) is one municipality situated on the border with Slovenia, little bit north from Kumrovec (known by its eco-village ans as a birth place of Josip Broz Tito) and west from Desinic, known by Veliki Tabor castle.
There’s also one castle here – Miljana – but this is not the page about it. It is the page about this small group of villages scattered on hills covered with woods and vineyards.
I went to Zagorska sela with some colleagues as we were doing some consultancy work for the municipality. Our plan was to drive around and see the municipality; to get the first impressions.
Well, we did drive around. But fog allowed us to see only some 100 meters from our car, sometimes even less. There were some great locations on the peaks of the hills and I guess the view from there is magnificent during the sunny days.
*Page title by Zdenka (Nykaenen)
Here’s a small map just to let you orient yourself. The easiest was to reach Zagorska sela is to take Zagorje highway till Oroslavje exit, and then follow the signs for Klanjec and Kumrovec. When you reach Kumrovec you just have to drive straight through –after some 10 kilometers there will be the sign welcoming you to Zagorska sela. Sutla river will be on your right hand side – this is the border between Croatia and Slovenia.
- Pros:You'll feel like someone stopped the time here
- Cons:You'll feel like someone stopped the time here
The funny thing about the bridge is that it is the border crossing between Slovenia and Croatia ? Aqua park belongs to... more travel advice
Well, when the roads are only a little bit wider than 3 meters a truck coming from the opposite direction presents a... more travel advice
diocletianvs' Related Pages
Zagorska Sela Travel Guide
- Things to Do in Zagorska Sela
- Restaurants in Zagorska Sela
- Warnings and Dangers in Zagorska Sela
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Zagorska Sela
- 10 Reviews
- 12 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 20 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (31)
Have you been to Zagorska Sela?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Zagorska Sela
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Split Intro, 78 reviews, 86 photos, 1 travelogue
- Berlin Intro, 57 reviews, 87 photos
- Hudi Bitek Intro, 44 reviews, 66 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Varazdin Intro, 36 reviews, 69 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Plitvicka Jezera National Park Intro, 51 reviews, 53 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cologne Intro, 43 reviews, 52 photos, 1 travelogue
- Solin Intro, 46 reviews, 49 photos, 1 travelogue
- Cardiff Intro, 31 reviews, 59 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Croatia Intro, 42 reviews, 46 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Land Nordrhein-Westfalen Intro, 41 reviews, 44 photos