"Čakovec - Sleepy center of Medjimurje" Cakovec by diocletianvs
Cakovec Travel Guide: 24 reviews and 98 photos
It was the 1st of May and I was looking forward to visit Kumrovec - a small village in Hrvatsko Zagorje that was turned into a museum village mainly thanks to the fact that Josip Broz Tito was born there. Beginning of May is always nice to be there because of the anniversaries of Tito's birth and death.
When I suggested this to one friend he was all for it. But then this first friend called the second friend who didn't want to go there. He suggested Plitvice but I didn't want to go there because the weather was changing. Then the second friend suggested Varazdin but the third friend was again making faces.
What about Cakovec?
Cakovec? What is there in Cakovec?
I don't know. Never been there.
Well - let's see what this Town of Zrinskis has to offer!
So soon we were on A4 motorway heading towards Cakovec! This center of Medjimurje area lies too close to Varazdin and too close to Hungarian border that most people either just go to Varazdin or, if they drive further, end up on Balaton lake.
It was a sleepy holiday Thursday in Cakovec, with few people sitting in street cafes around 11 when we arrived. But they almost all left around 1pm, so the center looked deserted.
After visiting the castle and the park, looking around the center and having coffee and cake on the main square we decided to head towards the wine hills of northwestern Medjimurje.
There are several direct trains daily from Zagreb to Cakovec. Depending on their range and route the trip lasts between... more travel advice
Cakovec was quite empty and we didn't like the idea of eating pizza so we went off to see some of the surroundings. We... more travel advice
diocletianvs' Related Pages
Cakovec Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Čakovec - Sleepy center of Medjimurje"
- "Cakovec, capital of Medjimurska Zupanija"
- "A quick trip for a Croatian beer........"
- "Less than an hour?"
- "MEDJIMURJE COUNTY...."
- See All...
- Things to Do in Cakovec
- Hotels in Cakovec
- Transportation in Cakovec
- Restaurants in Cakovec
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Cakovec
- 14 Reviews
- 30 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (30)
Have you been to Cakovec?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Cakovec
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Split Intro, 78 reviews, 86 photos, 1 travelogue
- Berlin Intro, 57 reviews, 87 photos
- Hudi Bitek Intro, 44 reviews, 66 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Varazdin Intro, 36 reviews, 69 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Plitvicka Jezera National Park Intro, 51 reviews, 53 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cologne Intro, 43 reviews, 52 photos, 1 travelogue
- Solin Intro, 46 reviews, 49 photos, 1 travelogue
- Cardiff Intro, 31 reviews, 59 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Croatia Intro, 42 reviews, 46 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Land Nordrhein-Westfalen Intro, 41 reviews, 44 photos