"Djakovo - the monumental cathedral and around" Djakovo by diocletianvs
Djakovo Travel Guide: 14 reviews and 15 photos
Djakovo is a small town in Slavonia - region in eastern part of continental Croatia. With its 30,000 inhabitants it is a small provincial town surrounded by fertile Slavonian plains.
As one approaches Djakovo from any side the first thing you notice are monumental spires of the Djakovo Cathedral that dominate not only the town but the surrounding landscape as well. Djakovo is the seat of Djakovo-Srijem bishopry, and thanks to the fact that famous Croatian bishop Josip Juraj Strossmayer had a seat here we find this fabulous peace of art and architecture as it has landed from somewhere else.
- Pros:The Cathedral, horses, wines...
- Cons:Small provincial town.
- In a nutshell:Few hours visit or at best a daytrip will be enough to see everything here.
Djakovo region is one of the best wine-producing regions in continental Croatia, along Kutjevo and Ilok. In more than... more travel advice
Although Djakovo is not a real tourist centre there is a Tourist Office in center of town where you will find the usual... more travel advice
diocletianvs' Related Pages
Djakovo Travel Guide
Badges & Stats in Djakovo
- 14 Reviews
- 15 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 8 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (30)
Have you been to Djakovo?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Djakovo
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Split Intro, 78 reviews, 86 photos, 1 travelogue
- Berlin Intro, 57 reviews, 87 photos
- Hudi Bitek Intro, 44 reviews, 66 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Varazdin Intro, 36 reviews, 69 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Plitvicka Jezera National Park Intro, 51 reviews, 53 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cologne Intro, 43 reviews, 52 photos, 1 travelogue
- Solin Intro, 46 reviews, 49 photos, 1 travelogue
- Cardiff Intro, 31 reviews, 59 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Croatia Intro, 42 reviews, 46 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Land Nordrhein-Westfalen Intro, 41 reviews, 44 photos