"Spa park in Lipik" Lipik by diocletianvs
Lipik Travel Guide: 16 reviews and 18 photos
Lipik is an old Spa Center in West Slavonia, some 120 km east of Zagreb. It was once one of the most important Spa centers not only in continental Croatia but in Austro-Hungarian Monarchy as well. The center of place is the Spa Park, one of the best examples of such landscape architecture in Croatia.
This is the story of the rises and falls of the park that was once King Franz Joseph's holiday place.
In 2001 I was a member of the team that was working on a Study for the reconstruction of the old Spa Park. All photographs are from this Study - please do not use them without my permission.
Lipik is a small town in Western Slavonia, 120 km from Zagreb. It is situated in a valley of small river Pakra, surrounded by Papuk and Psunj hills.
- Pros:The History. The Future?
- Cons:The Present!
BY CAR To reach Lipik take the highway from Zagreb (direction Slavonski Brod) and get off at Novska exit. Then take the... more travel advice
I didn't stay in Lipik overnight, but if you need accommodation there's a good hotel situated close to the Old Park. It... more travel advice
diocletianvs' Related Pages
Lipik Travel Guide
Badges & Stats in Lipik
- 16 Reviews
- 18 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 25 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (30)
Have you been to Lipik?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Lipik
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Split Intro, 78 reviews, 86 photos, 1 travelogue
- Berlin Intro, 57 reviews, 87 photos
- Hudi Bitek Intro, 44 reviews, 66 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Varazdin Intro, 36 reviews, 69 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Plitvicka Jezera National Park Intro, 51 reviews, 53 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cologne Intro, 43 reviews, 52 photos, 1 travelogue
- Solin Intro, 46 reviews, 49 photos, 1 travelogue
- Cardiff Intro, 31 reviews, 59 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Croatia Intro, 42 reviews, 46 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Land Nordrhein-Westfalen Intro, 41 reviews, 44 photos