"Slavonian Ship on Sava river" Slavonski Brod by diocletianvs
Slavonski Brod Travel Guide: 27 reviews and 57 photos
For all those interested in cultural tourism Slavonski Brod is the newest discovery in Croatia. After the Yugoslav army left its army barracks that occupied the area of an old fortress in the center of town, old baroque Fortress finally became accessible and ready for the public use.
This monumental fortress was built by Austrian Empire in 18th century at its border towards the Turkish lands accross the Sava river. The fortress of the Vauban type is the most monumental baroque fortress in Croatia, and one of the most monumental and best preserved in Europe. A large plan for its reconstruction and re-use is under way in the last decade.
Slavonski Brod is the seventh city in Croatia by size and has 64.612 inhabitants. Worth visiting are the church and the Franciscan monastery, center of town with old Historicist and Art Nouveau buildings as well as few masterpieces of the modern architecture. The walk along the Sava river is also nice and attractive, but it is the monumental fortress that remains the main attraction of Slavonski Brod. Hopefully new functions will be added here in the near future.
Tourist Board of Slavonski Brod has a very informative webpage about Slavonski Brod and its surroundings: list of... more travel advice
Being situated on a major railroad connecting Zagreb with Vinkovci and going further to Belgrade, reaching Slavonski... more travel advice
diocletianvs' Related Pages
Slavonski Brod Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Slavonian Ship on Sava river"
- "My home town"
- "Uno residency"
- "Sava River Crossing"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Slavonski Brod
- Hotels in Slavonski Brod
- Transportation in Slavonski Brod
- Nightlife in Slavonski Brod
- Restaurants in Slavonski Brod
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Slavonski Brod
- 16 Reviews
- 25 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 11 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (32)
Have you been to Slavonski Brod?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Slavonski Brod
- Posted in Travel Zagreb Forum "Re: Zagreb - Plitvicka jezera -..."
- Commented on one of weed6886's Slavonski Brod travel pages
- updated a Slavonski Brod Travel Page "Slavonian Ship on Sava river"
- Uploaded a Photo to "IBM cultural centre"
- Wrote a Review Tourist Board of Slavonski Brod in Slavonski Brod Favorites
Photos in Slavonski BrodSee All Photos (25)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Split Intro, 78 reviews, 86 photos, 1 travelogue
- Berlin Intro, 57 reviews, 87 photos
- Hudi Bitek Intro, 44 reviews, 66 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Varazdin Intro, 36 reviews, 69 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Plitvicka Jezera National Park Intro, 51 reviews, 53 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cologne Intro, 43 reviews, 52 photos, 1 travelogue
- Solin Intro, 46 reviews, 49 photos, 1 travelogue
- Cardiff Intro, 31 reviews, 59 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Croatia Intro, 42 reviews, 46 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Land Nordrhein-Westfalen Intro, 41 reviews, 44 photos