"Bali - not only beaches..." Bali by tommix

Bali Travel Guide: 6,884 reviews and 17,824 photos

The heart of island

I fell in love with Bali. Kindness of local people, beauty and variety of landscapes, strong and very interesting culture - and all this on such a small piece of land!
If you want to know real Bali you need to go just a little away from the beaten path. If you need on Bali you can find cosy and comfortable hotels almost everywhere. Not only in Kuta or Liegan Beach...
And don't forget to see my Ubud page!

• Pros:kindness of people, beauty and cultural richness of the island
  • Cons:nothing really important
  • Last visit to Bali: Oct 2003
  • Intro Updated Jun 29, 2004

• Lilasel's Profile Photo
    Nov 10, 2005 at 11:02 AM

it's a pure beauty... you're lucky to visit this island and you're right in discovering off the beaten paths!

• evaanna's Profile Photo
    Jun 4, 2005 at 1:56 AM

A fascinating island! I see you also avoid touristy places, like me. Very good tips and gorgeous pictures.

• sue_stone's Profile Photo
    Jun 3, 2005 at 5:56 AM

A really beautiful part of the world!!

• hunwagner's Profile Photo
    Jun 3, 2005 at 1:49 AM

Excellent, insightful tips about Bali off the beaten track! I hope you will get to see more of Indonesia though once - check my pages on that for some ideas!

• Wild_Orchid's Profile Photo
    May 29, 2005 at 7:08 PM

some nice tips-you have had some wonderful experiences here. : )

• Myndo's Profile Photo
    Oct 5, 2004 at 8:22 AM

Bali is interesting me a lot. Thanks for these useful tips! maybe I can use them next year- if I persuade my friend to go there.

• keeweechic's Profile Photo
    Oct 1, 2004 at 7:48 PM

I still have plans of visiting Bali. Driving thru a tree is impressive. Good local courtesy tips. Definitely an interesting culture and great you found some good diving.

• windsorgirl's Profile Photo
    Sep 20, 2004 at 5:32 PM

You have some fantastic photos here, I'll be back to check out more of your photography. Thanks for visiting my Turkey page!

• shelnlin's Profile Photo
    Sep 13, 2004 at 3:11 PM

Tanah lot had a real sense of peacefulness for me too... in fact it was quite a wet day coming back from Lovina but when we reached Tanah lot it stopped and we were able to have a look around.

• cosmopolit's Profile Photo
    Sep 13, 2004 at 3:03 PM

Beautiful page n similar pics and very good comments n tips.

“Always remain curious and never forget that happiness is not a station you arrive at, but a manner of travelling...”

Badges & Stats in Bali