Jaffna Hotel Tips by tommix
Jaffna Hotels: 276 reviews and 0 photos
Everywhere in Sri Lanka where you get out from a bus or train you will meet a lot of people proposing you a big variety of hotels and guesthouses. Not in Jaffna. Here the turistic infrastructure is still very limited. Big hotels are now being used by army, a lot of others are not yet reconstructed... The fact that knowledge of english is emong the local people rather limited is not helping at all. So it took me a while before I found a place where to stay. It was a "no-name" hotel - just few rooms in the back of a radio-TV shop.
So don't came in the late afternoon to Jaffna, otherwise you can have some problems to find an accomodation...
Unique Qualities: My hotel was correct, without bathroom in the room but with AC, which is quite important - Jaffna is more humid then the rest of the island. And have in mind that a limited choice has an impact on prices - they are higher then elsewere in Sri Lanka.
Comparison: more expensive than average
More Reviews (8)
tommix's Related Pages
Jaffna Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Jaffna - destroyed glory"
- "i was robbed at hotel lovusi"
- "The heart of the Nothern Province."
- See All...
- Things to Do in Jaffna
- Hotels in Jaffna
- Transportation in Jaffna
- Warnings and Dangers in Jaffna
- See All...
Explore the World
- Murray Hill East Suites (149 East 39TH Street.)
- Hyatt Cancun Caribe Resort
- Holiday Inn Express Eureka Springs
- Salybia Nature Resort & Spa
- Krystal Cancun
- Golden Tulip Zandvoort
- Sofitel Plaza de Espana
- SUPER 8 MOTEL - SALMON
- Island Cove Resort & Leisure Park
- Enotel Lido Madeira
- The Country Club De Goa
- Taj Residency Lucknow
- Edsa Shangri-La
- Marti Resort Hotel
Badges & Stats in Jaffna
- 9 Reviews
- 23 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 30 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (6)
Have you been to Jaffna?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Jaffna
Photos in JaffnaSee All Photos (23)
Read real reviews about Jaffna Hotels!
Top 10 Pages
- Santiago Intro, 10 reviews, 23 photos, 2 travelogues
- Jaffna Intro, 9 reviews, 23 photos, 2 travelogues
- Bali Intro, 6 reviews, 15 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Anuradhapura Intro, 6 reviews, 10 photos, 1 travelogue
- Santa Teresa Intro, 2 reviews, 11 photos, 1 travelogue
- Sri Lanka Intro, 7 reviews, 5 photos, 1 travelogue
- Ubud Intro, 6 reviews, 6 photos
- Ishan Koyu Intro, 1 review, 9 photos, 1 travelogue
- Dortkilise Koyu Intro, 2 reviews, 7 photos, 1 travelogue
- Istanbul Intro, 4 reviews, 4 photos