"Jaffna - destroyed glory" Jaffna by tommix
Jaffna Travel Guide: 16 reviews and 34 photos
Jaffna was considered as a cultural and scientific capital of Sri Lanka. But it was more than 20 years ago, before the civil war between Tamil Tigers and governemental army began. Now the peace seems be back. But the city will need a lot of time and money to regain its glory...
Jaffna's original name in Tamil is Yarl or Yalpanam and some of the roadsigns around city still shows those names.
- Pros:very few foreign tourists
- Cons:lack of infrastructure and stability
It's not literally "off the beaten path". It's even almost directly "on" the beaten path, but quite far away from... more travel advice
This temple, located in the village of Nagadipa on (close to Jaffna) Nainativu Island, is one of 16 hallowed by visits... more travel advice
Written Jan 8, 2004
Jaffna's remains of war
Written Jan 17, 2004
Islands on the Palk Bay
tommix's Related Pages
Jaffna Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Jaffna - destroyed glory"
- "i was robbed at hotel lovusi"
- "The heart of the Nothern Province."
- See All...
- Things to Do in Jaffna
- Hotels in Jaffna
- Transportation in Jaffna
- Warnings and Dangers in Jaffna
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Jaffna
- 9 Reviews
- 23 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 30 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (6)
Have you been to Jaffna?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Jaffna
Photos in JaffnaSee All Photos (23)
Top 10 Pages
- Santiago Intro, 10 reviews, 23 photos, 2 travelogues
- Jaffna Intro, 9 reviews, 23 photos, 2 travelogues
- Bali Intro, 6 reviews, 15 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Anuradhapura Intro, 6 reviews, 10 photos, 1 travelogue
- Santa Teresa Intro, 2 reviews, 11 photos, 1 travelogue
- Sri Lanka Intro, 7 reviews, 5 photos, 1 travelogue
- Ubud Intro, 6 reviews, 6 photos
- Ishan Koyu Intro, 1 review, 9 photos, 1 travelogue
- Dortkilise Koyu Intro, 2 reviews, 7 photos, 1 travelogue
- Istanbul Intro, 4 reviews, 4 photos