"Mo-ped country" Thanh Pho Ho Chi Minh by Thumbee
Thanh Pho Ho Chi Minh Travel Guide: 3,261 reviews and 7,932 photos
Went to Vietnam over 5 days in May...during the Golden Week holidays here in Japan.
What a place! Making your way around the city with the mopeds over-riding every space there possibly can be in a narrow strip of a country that is Vietnam. That Ho Chi Minh City was celebrating its 50th anniversary of independence didn't help, of course....
And if you thought Japan is anti-English-speaking, think again. Better still, go to Vietnam! Amazingly, their script is consists of the English alphabet with vietnamese accents attached. (waaaaay more complex than French, yes, but on similar lines) They lost their their language when the english-speaking missionaries came in.
Non-english speaking notwithstanding, they are among the friendlier peoples of the world.
Refreshing, esp when you live in Japan....which is relatively stuck up and would give the british stiff-upper lip a run for its money.
Thumbee's Related Pages
Thanh Pho Ho Chi Minh Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Ho Chi Ming City"
- "that chi la tot khi den dau cac ban a , that hay c"
- "Mo-ped country"
- "Ho chi minh City"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Thanh Pho Ho Chi Minh
- Hotels in Thanh Pho Ho Chi Minh
- Transportation in Thanh Pho Ho Chi Minh
- Nightlife in Thanh Pho Ho Chi Minh
- Restaurants in Thanh Pho Ho Chi Minh
- Shopping in Thanh Pho Ho Chi Minh
- Warnings and Dangers in Thanh Pho Ho Chi Minh
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Thanh Pho Ho Chi Minh
- 0 Reviews
- 9 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
Have you been to Thanh Pho Ho Chi Minh?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Thanh Pho Ho Chi Minh
Photos in Thanh Pho Ho Chi MinhSee All Photos (9)
Top 5 Pages
- Khett Siem Reab Intro, 2 reviews, 13 photos, 1 travelogue
- Bali Intro, 4 reviews, 9 photos
- Kenya Intro, 4 reviews, 9 photos
- Thanh Pho Ho Chi Minh Intro, 9 photos, 1 travelogue
- Tokyo Intro, 3 photos