"Alcacer do Sal - Blue Coast" Alcácer do Sal by salinhopt
Alcácer do Sal Travel Guide: 23 reviews and 126 photos
The Costa Azul, or blue coast, consists of a touritic mosaic that is the meeting place for people and is formed of chromatic shades of green and blue.
The Atlantic, The rier Sado and the picturesque of their banks marry together the plains and the hills in a multitude of possibilities and diversities that make Coata Azul a destination that cannot be missed in Portugal.
The municipality of Alcacer do Sal is an excellent example of the diversity and quality of motives, values and reasons to choose Costa Azul.
Man has continuosly occupied the land that now forma the municipality of Alcacer do Sal for more than 5000 years. During the Iron Age, its people were in contact with those who sailed the Mediterraneanm and it was known at the time as Eviom. Roman occupation confirmed its economic and political importance, and it was granted permission to mint its own coin, rights equal to those of the cities of Ancient Latium, known as Salatia Urbs Imperatoria.
- Pros:The beauty of the Estuary Natural Reserve
- Cons:Some elements were lost in time...
- In a nutshell:Nature at it's best!
With its calm lagoons, the blue of the river and the green of the pines, this charming natural reserve covers an area of... more travel advice
Next to the Castle stands the Church of Santa Maria. Roman-Gothic in style, it was built in the XII or XIII centuries.... more travel advice
salinhopt's Related Pages
Alcácer do Sal Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "alcacer do sal"
- "Alcacer do Sal - Blue Coast"
- "My Pousada stay and a beautiful friendly town"
- "The town that salt built"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Alcácer do Sal
- Hotels in Alcácer do Sal
- Restaurants in Alcácer do Sal
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Alcácer do Sal
- 5 Reviews
- 7 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 5 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (14)
Have you been to Alcácer do Sal?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Alcácer do Sal
Photos in Alcácer do SalSee All Photos (7)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Funchal Intro, 78 reviews, 110 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Madeira Island Intro, 76 reviews, 105 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Porto Santo Island Intro, 42 reviews, 52 photos, 2 travelogues
- Lisbon Intro, 42 reviews, 43 photos
- Portugal Intro, 40 reviews, 40 photos
- Santana Intro, 27 reviews, 34 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Coimbra Intro, 26 reviews, 28 photos
- Óbidos Intro, 20 reviews, 27 photos, 1 travelogue
- Cascais Intro, 19 reviews, 25 photos, 1 travelogue
- Machico Intro, 21 reviews, 23 photos