"Castelo Branco - "White Castle"" Castelo Branco by salinhopt

Castelo Branco Travel Guide: 22 reviews and 62 photos

The city

Situated in a central position between the North and South of Portugal, Castelo Branco marks a border of two cultural regions since remote distinct times: the world of the granite and the world of the shale. Castelo Branco born in the Bronze age. Around the castle the town was gaining new spaces, extending itself for the hillside east. Today of these times, the streets are conserved street hillside in direction to the castle, with decorated dors, its names remembering old professions (Street of the Peleteiros, the Potters, the Blacksmiths), the small agricultural spaces (still today used), the olival of the south hillside and still all the characteristics of the small world of the street with its smells and sounds.

• Pros:The history and the Bronze age monuments!
  • In a nutshell:Castelo Branco is history!
  • Last visit to Castelo Branco: Nov 2002
  • Intro Updated Feb 22, 2004

Travelogues (1)

• global84's Profile Photo
    Aug 7, 2006 at 3:07 PM

I am currently in Lisbon, but I have always wanted to go to Castelo Branco, and still want to. Yet I have not been sure what I can see there, but your website is giving me a good sense of it! Thanks for the great photos and information!

• polardabar's Profile Photo
    Jan 3, 2006 at 12:24 PM

hola, goncalo! planning to visit castelo next summer, how do i get there from lisboa, buses,...? obrigado, polar*

• Bwana_Brown's Profile Photo
    Apr 30, 2004 at 4:38 PM

A great page with beautiful photos of the city! I hope that our weather is as good as yours was when my wife and I visit near the end of May! Thanks for the Tips!

• Yaqui's Profile Photo
    Mar 26, 2004 at 9:20 AM

Beautiful page! I always enjoy what you put on them. Thanks for sharing!;-)

• littlesam1's Profile Photo
    Jan 23, 2004 at 11:47 AM

Beautiful pictures. Would love to visit this area someday.

• ncfg's Profile Photo
    Jan 15, 2004 at 2:20 PM

I love castles. Castelo Branco is lovely. :-)

• Imbi's Profile Photo
    Nov 17, 2003 at 10:06 PM

You are doing a good job of exploring Portugal.

• sim1's Profile Photo
    Nov 16, 2003 at 1:33 PM

Beautiful photos! Seeing them makes me want to visit this place! Hopefully I get the chance to visit Portugal some day! :-)

• prleprle's Profile Photo
    Nov 5, 2003 at 9:47 AM

Very lovely and romantic place... wish I could spend winter there :-) Really fine presentation.

• globetrott's Profile Photo
    Oct 30, 2003 at 4:38 PM

Jardim do Paco looks great and interesting !

salinhopt

“Visiting Ostergotland in Sweden! Next Stockholm! :)”

Badges & Stats in Castelo Branco

Have you been to Castelo Branco?

Latest Activity in Castelo Branco