"Castelo Branco - "White Castle"" Castelo Branco by salinhopt
Castelo Branco Travel Guide: 21 reviews and 62 photos
Situated in a central position between the North and South of Portugal, Castelo Branco marks a border of two cultural regions since remote distinct times: the world of the granite and the world of the shale. Castelo Branco born in the Bronze age. Around the castle the town was gaining new spaces, extending itself for the hillside east. Today of these times, the streets are conserved street hillside in direction to the castle, with decorated dors, its names remembering old professions (Street of the Peleteiros, the Potters, the Blacksmiths), the small agricultural spaces (still today used), the olival of the south hillside and still all the characteristics of the small world of the street with its smells and sounds.
- Pros:The history and the Bronze age monuments!
- In a nutshell:Castelo Branco is history!
Sao Joao square is realy a nice place to relax and admire this XVIthe cross, and the XIX century buildings with great... more travel advice
The Garden of the Episcopal Paco of Castelo Branco shows as one of the most original units of the baroque in Portugal.... more travel advice
salinhopt's Related Pages
Castelo Branco Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Castelo Branco - "White Castle""
- "My Fault"
- "THE WHITE CASTLE"
- "Castelo Branco. An old town with a young spirit."
- "Why Castelo Branco, the Jardim Episcopal of course"
- "Castelo Branco - White Castle"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Castelo Branco
- Hotels in Castelo Branco
- Restaurants in Castelo Branco
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Castelo Branco
- 7 Reviews
- 13 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 13 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (14)
Have you been to Castelo Branco?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Castelo Branco
Photos in Castelo BrancoSee All Photos (13)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Funchal Intro, 78 reviews, 110 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Madeira Island Intro, 76 reviews, 105 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Porto Santo Island Intro, 42 reviews, 52 photos, 2 travelogues
- Lisbon Intro, 42 reviews, 43 photos
- Portugal Intro, 40 reviews, 40 photos
- Santana Intro, 27 reviews, 34 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Coimbra Intro, 26 reviews, 28 photos
- Óbidos Intro, 20 reviews, 27 photos, 1 travelogue
- Cascais Intro, 19 reviews, 25 photos, 1 travelogue
- Machico Intro, 21 reviews, 23 photos