"Piodao" Piódão by salinhopt
Piódão Travel Guide: 35 reviews and 66 photos
Between the mounts of the Mountain range of the Acor, hides a village of tradition. Piodao rises hillside above, in narrow alleys and houses lined up with small windows of blue color. It is here that you can drink good "aguardente" of honey or for proving honey with hazelnuts. And for who comes to the search of challenges, the strolls pedestrians or the BTT. They can make more pleasant visit. The nature offered to the village all the beauty of the Mountain range of the Acor.
The beauty is hard to tell. The water that run in the valley, that jumps in the waterfalls, the sound that emit in the silence of the mountain range and the pure air that if breathes do not have comparison. Between an entrancing green and the houses. The typical tracing of the architecture, the white of the medieval church and the pleasantness of the people stays in the heart, as a love passion. And the return, you will take in the memory the calm and the beauty of a historical village preserved by the man and the nature.
- Pros:Simply beautifull! The people are so simple! The food is great!
- In a nutshell:Villages like this no longer exists
Piodao is the oldest inhabited village in Portugal and part of the county of Arganil. The trip that brings you there is... more travel advice
The barbarous vegetation is rich in majestic chestnut-trees, oak, pine, eucalyptus and some olive trees. Amongst the... more travel advice
salinhopt's Related Pages
Piódão Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- ""O pior do Mundo" (The worst on Earth)"
- "the "presépio"(*) village"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Piódão
- Hotels in Piódão
- Restaurants in Piódão
- Shopping in Piódão
- Warnings and Dangers in Piódão
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Piódão
- 16 Reviews
- 25 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 12 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (14)
Have you been to Piódão?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Piódão
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Funchal Intro, 78 reviews, 110 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Madeira Island Intro, 76 reviews, 105 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Porto Santo Island Intro, 42 reviews, 52 photos, 2 travelogues
- Lisbon Intro, 42 reviews, 43 photos
- Portugal Intro, 40 reviews, 40 photos
- Santana Intro, 27 reviews, 34 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Coimbra Intro, 26 reviews, 28 photos
- Óbidos Intro, 20 reviews, 27 photos, 1 travelogue
- Cascais Intro, 19 reviews, 25 photos, 1 travelogue
- Machico Intro, 21 reviews, 23 photos