"Santarem - The gothic city in a rainy day" Santarém by salinhopt
Santarém Travel Guide: 47 reviews and 121 photos
The foundation of the city of Santarém walks on to greco-roman and Christian mythology, recognizing two mythical origins in its génese: in the first case associated with a classic hero of Habis name, gift in the mythology of Tartessos and as in case that to mártir Irene Saint, of very probable peninsular ancestry. The first registered vestiges of the occupation of Santarém retraces to century VIII before christ.
- Pros:The history of the place! The monuments!
- In a nutshell:For gothic monuments lovers!
In the midle of a bush in Santarem there is this Castle. Xipiti told it is Fonte das Figueiras and now is under... more travel advice
Known national for the wealth and profusion of its seiscentista tiling (placed in 1617, 1620, 1635 and 1639). At the... more travel advice
salinhopt's Related Pages
Santarém Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Santarem - The gothic city in a rainy day"
- "My Great Door to the world"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Santarém
- Hotels in Santarém
- Restaurants in Santarém
- Shopping in Santarém
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Santarém
- 6 Reviews
- 13 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 9 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (14)
Have you been to Santarém?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Santarém
Photos in SantarémSee All Photos (13)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Funchal Intro, 78 reviews, 110 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Madeira Island Intro, 76 reviews, 105 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Porto Santo Island Intro, 42 reviews, 52 photos, 2 travelogues
- Lisbon Intro, 42 reviews, 43 photos
- Portugal Intro, 40 reviews, 40 photos
- Santana Intro, 27 reviews, 34 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Coimbra Intro, 26 reviews, 28 photos
- Óbidos Intro, 20 reviews, 27 photos, 1 travelogue
- Cascais Intro, 19 reviews, 25 photos, 1 travelogue
- Machico Intro, 21 reviews, 23 photos