"Sao Vicente District" São Vicente by salinhopt
São Vicente Travel Guide: 18 reviews and 41 photos
A journey through the council of S. Vicente reveals a cultural patrimony left by all of those who helped to enlarge the three parishes that it encompasses.
The manor houses are architecturally rustic and of strong character and sobriety. Almost all of them go back to the XVIII century, a time of economic relief and comfort, due to the good fortunes of viticulture. These gigantic houses were very ostentatious and were made up of two levels: The first floor was home to the winepress and to keep the agricultural implements and the products of the harvests. The second floor was the noble part of the house and the access was made through an outdoor staircase.
- Pros:The landscape
- In a nutshell:Old Madeira!
Sao Vicente, located on the north side of the island, boasts excellent conditions for surf lovers, due to the sea always... more travel advice
The Volcanism Centre is located in São Vicente, sitting at the end of the valley where the formation of the island... more travel advice
salinhopt's Related Pages
São Vicente Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Sao Vicente District"
- "Nice Coastal Town"
- "Nice Village"
- "São Vicente"
- "São Vicente and the northern coast"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in São Vicente
- 13 Reviews
- 15 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 15 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (14)
Have you been to São Vicente?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in São Vicente
Photos in São VicenteSee All Photos (15)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Funchal Intro, 78 reviews, 110 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Madeira Island Intro, 76 reviews, 105 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Porto Santo Island Intro, 42 reviews, 52 photos, 2 travelogues
- Lisbon Intro, 42 reviews, 43 photos
- Portugal Intro, 40 reviews, 40 photos
- Santana Intro, 27 reviews, 34 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Coimbra Intro, 26 reviews, 28 photos
- Óbidos Intro, 20 reviews, 27 photos, 1 travelogue
- Cascais Intro, 19 reviews, 25 photos, 1 travelogue
- Machico Intro, 21 reviews, 23 photos