"Montpellier" Top 5 Page for this destination Montpellier by salinhopt
Montpellier Travel Guide: 223 reviews and 699 photos
Located 50 km SW of Nimes and 3-1/4 hours via TGV from Paris, the university city of Montpellier is one of the liveliest cities in the south of France. The capital of the Languedoc-Roussillon region, Montpellier is centered around the oblong place de la Comedie (known as ?l?Oeuf? or ?the egg?), home to a number of cafes and boutiques, in addition to the ornate 19th-century opera house.
The city suffered major damage during the Wars of Religion and was largely rebuilt in the 17th century. Situated between the mountains and the Mediterranean Sea the city can best be viewed from the Promenade de Peyrou, an 18th-century square featuring formal gardens and the end of the 18th-century aqueduct modeled on the Pont du Gard.
- Pros:Good climat! Nice monuments! Good food!
- In a nutshell:Very nice city!
This Medieval archaeological garden is set around the remains of the 13th century Saint Esprit church which was a... more travel advice
This square is one of the most beautifull modern places in Montpellier. Next to a riverside and with wonderfull outdoor... more travel advice
salinhopt's Related Pages
Montpellier Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Montpellier and surroundings"
- "The Secret World of Montpellier"
- "Montpellier, South of France"
- "sandravdp's new Montpellier Page"
- "My place!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Montpellier
- Hotels in Montpellier
- Transportation in Montpellier
- Nightlife in Montpellier
- Restaurants in Montpellier
- Shopping in Montpellier
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Montpellier
- 12 Reviews
- 14 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 17 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (29)
Have you been to Montpellier?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Montpellier
Photos in MontpellierSee All Photos (14)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Funchal Intro, 78 reviews, 110 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Madeira Island Intro, 76 reviews, 105 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Porto Santo Island Intro, 42 reviews, 52 photos, 2 travelogues
- Lisbon Intro, 42 reviews, 43 photos
- Portugal Intro, 40 reviews, 40 photos
- Santana Intro, 27 reviews, 34 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Coimbra Intro, 26 reviews, 28 photos
- Óbidos Intro, 20 reviews, 27 photos, 1 travelogue
- Cascais Intro, 19 reviews, 25 photos, 1 travelogue
- Machico Intro, 21 reviews, 23 photos