"whales whales and whales" Top 5 Page for this destination Tadoussac by shashasharon

Tadoussac Travel Guide: 39 reviews and 98 photos

getting there is half the fun

go go go you must..if you are in Quebec City in the summer you have to go to Tadoussac...the only way to gt there is the highway 138 north of Quebec City...the first 1/2 hour of the drive sucks, because you have stop lights and very slow moving traffis, but once you pass basilique ste anne you should be fne..I always try to plan my trip to arrive at Canyon St Anne for lunch time..if you leave Quebec City aound 11 you should reach canyon st anne at a good time..not the greatest food..but the canyon is beautiful.. www.canyonste-anne.qc.ca..count on at least one hour...Baie st paul s the beginning of the whale route..the highway you want is 362 it will be indicated by a whale icon .. and we are off..I think this drive is one of the most beautiful drives in continental North America..and yes I have done the Carmel drive and the road to whistler... route 66 you name it I drove it..I truly cannot put into words how beautiful this drive is..the flueve is to the east of you...and you are on a long and winding road...blah blah blah this drive should take 2 1/2 hous took us 7 hours..La Malbaie has a Casino..Not my thing but its beautiful the town is beautiful as is the charlevoix hotel...yadda yadda yadda .... Baie st Catherine you have to take the ferry to get to tadoussac ...I cannot explain the feeling while you are waiting to get on the ferry...the sea...the wind...the excitement of seeing and hearing the whales ..if you haven't already..
its the same feeling you get as you're approaching the grand canyon or anything else of that magnitutude...you are going to see the whales in their environement...

• Last visit to Tadoussac: Jul 2003
  • Intro Updated Nov 17, 2003

• AKtravelers's Profile Photo
    May 6, 2006 at 7:56 PM

We love Tadoussac! There's not a better whate-watching place anywhere! And th people are great, too.

• jadedmuse's Profile Photo
    Aug 23, 2004 at 6:49 PM

Your writing style is raw, straight-forward, and uncensored. I really like it. I saw some mink whales on a trip to Trois Pistoles one time. Love what you said about the whale excursion leaders wanting to share their love and knowledge. Right on.

• just4funds's Profile Photo
    Feb 10, 2004 at 6:58 PM

The almighty costs, but I guess how much depends on the value one places on limbs and appendages.

• mim95's Profile Photo
    Dec 8, 2003 at 3:22 PM

I always wanted to go to Tadoussac for whale-watching. Thanks for the tips!

• Skipka's Profile Photo
    Nov 12, 2003 at 1:27 AM

Very nice place ... thanks for letting me know :)

• manuelEB's Profile Photo
    Oct 24, 2003 at 9:12 AM

Will use this as my travel guide. I was in Quebec City last summer but had no chances to see the rest of the Quebecoise landscape. Who is the Prince of Whales? (-;

shashasharon

“ride the bus with the live chickens”

Badges & Stats in Tadoussac

Have you been to Tadoussac?

Latest Activity in Tadoussac