"THOUSAND HILLS COUNTRY" Burundi by assedo
Burundi Travel Guide: 119 reviews and 1,033 photos
Burundi is a curious small country really green, place of thousand hills and few peaceful lakes
Unfortunately it is still unsafe because of increasing violence and crimes.
Curfew is applied to get in capital town Bujumbura where you can face poverty and wealth very close.
Lots of NGO operate around the country and you can see as their support has developed
resort, restaurant and clubs of foreign businessmen.
So from one side they help pour people and employ local people from the other side they take advantage
to be economical well enough supported.
I've been few days to the north () place of flourishing vegetation, life is still basic and people is not used to meet "mzungu"
(white people) so differently from town where they approach you asking money they will get close to you
for curiosity and fun.
I've been a whole day around by mototaxi and it has been a great fun but don't do it (unless you are lucky like me) during wet season
in few minutes strong rain can fall down and transform the red soil road in a big pond.
assedo's Related Pages
Burundi Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A country unburdened by major tourist attractions"
- "A so God Blessed visit to Burundi!"
- "REBUILDING BURUNDI"
- "small country in the heart of africa"
- "Visit to Burundi"
- "the forgotten explorers from Portugal and Spain"
- "cosmopolit's new Burundi Page"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Burundi
- Hotels in Burundi
- Transportation in Burundi
- Nightlife in Burundi
- Restaurants in Burundi
- Shopping in Burundi
- Warnings and Dangers in Burundi
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Burundi
- 0 Reviews
- 2 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (1)
Have you been to Burundi?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Burundi
Top 10 Pages
- Mumbai Intro, 10 reviews, 2 photos
- State of Tamil Nadu Intro, 2 reviews, 3 photos
- Varanasi Intro, 2 reviews, 3 photos
- Goa Intro, 2 reviews, 2 photos
- Kochi Intro, 2 reviews, 2 photos
- State of Karnataka Intro, 1 review, 2 photos
- Alappuzha Intro, 1 review, 2 photos
- Chennai (Madras) Intro, 2 reviews
- Trieste Intro, 2 photos
- Burundi Intro, 2 photos
No friends yet.