"The New York of Spain" Benidorm by Lorro

Benidorm Travel Guide: 440 reviews and 765 photos

Never been there, Dont really want to go

I dont mean to offend all of you who love Benidorm but just from the looks of it, and what I have heard ... it seems like the worst of the worst. Commercialism, high-rise hotels, guiri-landia total (thousands of tourists) and probably over priced everything.
Ah, yes, maybe people are drawn in droves to the total party scene in the summer, making it kind of like Ibiza.
One cool thing to check out is the annual FIB Festival Internacional de Benidorm at the beginning of August where they usually have a great lineup of bands.

A clarification: The reference to NYC was only because of the looks of Benidorm with all the skyscrapers. I love New York its a wonderful city.

Scuba diving

But I have to admit that I can only really comment on the Isla of Benidorm which is the island you can see from the beach that has a lighthouse at the top. We scuba dived here on 3 sides of the island and had some really nice dives.
You can see more underwater pictures at my Villajoyosa page because we stayed there and used a dive center there too.

• Last visit to Benidorm: Oct 2004
  • Intro Updated Dec 12, 2004

• Mette-DK's Profile Photo
    Jun 27, 2007 at 5:47 AM

Yes indeed you are most likely correct, although that is the words of others, I have not been here personally. Calpe and nearby Altea, though, are fabulous!

Lorro

“If you come to a fork in the road, take it.”

Badges & Stats in Benidorm

Have you been to Benidorm?

Latest Activity in Benidorm