"Cercedilla" Cercedilla by Lorro
Cercedilla Travel Guide: 1 reviews and 16 photos
With the temperatures in the high 90s in Madrid and the concrete making it like an oven, we decided to make the escape to the mountains where the temperatures are a little more managable.
There are lots of trails to hike on that begin in Cercedilla. We did one of the most popular ones called the Camino de Schmid. It is a 14km hike mostly uphill. We began in Cercedilla and ended in Navacerrada. Cercedilla is only 1 hour away from Atocha Train station on the Cercanias. To continue to Navacerrada its another 26 minutes.
Part of the trail leads you over a Roman road that used be the road to Segovia. It is from the 1st Century AD. For more than a millennium this was the principle route to Segovia from the Madrid area.
Walking here my mind wandered, imagining the many horse drawn carriages, riders on horseback and walkers that have passed this way in the past 2000 years.
If only these rocks could speak.
We have done this route 3 times and out favorite place to have a picnic lunch is here at Collado Ventoso. If you hike from Cercedilla by the time you get here you are VERY ready for a long break.
My favorite part of the hike is the last part, between Collado Ventoso and Navacerrada. Beautiful!
For detailed info in Spanish on the Camino de Schmid see:
Lorro's Related Pages
Cercedilla Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Montains close to Madrid"
- "CERCEDILLA SEPTEMBER 2002"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Cercedilla
- 0 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
Have you been to Cercedilla?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Cercedilla
Top 10 Pages
- Madrid Intro, 47 reviews, 61 photos, 1 travelogue
- Barcelona Intro, 7 reviews, 37 photos, 3 travelogues
- Isla de Tenerife Intro, 9 reviews, 27 photos, 2 travelogues
- Sevilla Intro, 12 reviews, 22 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bronx Intro, 14 reviews, 17 photos
- Croatia Intro, 24 photos, 3 travelogues
- Minnesota Intro, 5 reviews, 15 photos, 1 travelogue
- Granada Intro, 5 reviews, 14 photos, 1 travelogue
- Dubrovnik Intro, 17 photos, 2 travelogues
- Split Intro, 15 photos, 2 travelogues