"DORNOCH" Dornoch by GypsyBessie
Dornoch Travel Guide: 43 reviews and 110 photos
Myself, my husband and my sister recently enjoyed a coach tour to Dornoch, Sutherland (North-east Scotland). We were based in Dornoch - a very beautiful small town and an excellent base for touring the Highlands of Scotland, just off the A9 and abount an hour away from Inverness.
Although it was extremely cold when we visited Dornoch in February, it was sunny most of the time until late afternoon. This is when I took this picture of the beach. It was great to walk on an almost deserted beach, with the snow covered mountains in the distance
Dornoch is not a very large town - the population is under 2,000. There are a few shops, around 5 hotels, schools and a beautiful beach. This is a picture of the main road out of the town leading on to the A9.
- Pros:Excellent base for touring the Highlands of Scotland and extremely beautiful town
- Cons:Quite a distance when travelling by road although there is an airport at Inverness.
- In a nutshell:A lovely "Get Away from it All" kind of place
This is a picture looking into the town - very picturesque! more travel advice
We travelled through the mountains from Dornoch to Ullapool on a beautiful sunny but cold day and passed through the... more travel advice
GypsyBessie's Related Pages
Dornoch Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Dornoch- where the sun seems to shine all the time"
- "golf, beach and the town jail"
- "A walk at Dornoch beach"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Dornoch
- Hotels in Dornoch
- Transportation in Dornoch
- Restaurants in Dornoch
- Shopping in Dornoch
- Warnings and Dangers in Dornoch
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Dornoch
- 7 Reviews
- 10 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Dornoch?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Dornoch
Photos in DornochSee All Photos (10)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Isle of Wight Intro, 14 reviews, 17 photos
- Majorca Island Intro, 12 reviews, 15 photos
- Venice Intro, 5 reviews, 16 photos, 1 travelogue
- Southport Intro, 8 reviews, 11 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Paignton Intro, 3 reviews, 16 photos, 2 travelogues
- Dornoch Intro, 7 reviews, 10 photos
- Scotland Intro, 6 reviews, 9 photos
- Croatia Intro, 4 reviews, 11 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Western Isles Intro, 6 reviews, 9 photos
- Lago di Como Intro, 6 reviews, 9 photos