"Sandra and Maurice's Travels" GypsyBessie's Profile

Bernard

I live with my husband Maurice in Westhoughton, a small town near Bolton in Lancashire (or Greater Manchester if you prefer). We have two sons, the eldest of which has now left home and the youngest still living with us.

Bernard also lives with us and is 2 years old in February 2006. He is full of energy and really good fun although quite naughty at times but we love him and think he is absolutely adorable!

I somehow stumbled on to VT and was immediately fascinated by the site and I really do envy people who have had the opportunity to do so much travelling. It is only in recent years that we have started to travel outside of England for one reason or another.

Our "travelling" really consists of "holidays" which to my mind are purely for pleasure and enjoyment rather than anything else. I do think there is a real difference between "travelling" and "holidays" but even so both are enjoyable and open your mind to different places and people.

From being a small child I have always been interested in learning about travelling and travellers and seeing other places. My dad who was my inspiration was a "Desert Rat" in the 2nd World War and he told me so many stories about places he had visited during the War and I was always fascinated. Have a look at
My Dad in Belgium

Westhoughton - My Home Town

I have lived in Westhoughton all my life as did my parents. This fishing lodge is only a very short walk away from my home.

Maurice bought me a new camera for Christmas so I have been taking photos whenever I can, trying to learn how to use it! Here is an example of my efforts one very cold sunny day.

St. Bartholomew's Church

My Church held a Flower Festival to celebrate the rebuild of the Church after 10 years - the original was burned down. This is one of the displays around the font.

My Interests and Hobbies

As well as enjoying holidays I love taking photographs, even more so since I acquired my computer and digital camera. I also enjoy crafts - card making and scrapbooking. In between work, holidays and taking photos I also try to swim at least once a week. Socialising with family and friends also takes up quite a lot of time of which there never seems to be enough.

I really enjoy taking photos, especially when in a beautiful part of the world and here is an example. This is my husband Maurice and sister Shelley on the beach at Dornoch when the temperature was below freezing

Dornoch, Scotland

In January of this year we visited Scotland yet again and travelled to Dornoch on the North-east coast. It was one of the coldest weeks on record but was quite dry and sunny in Dornoch.

Lake Como in June 2004

In June 2004 we spent a wonderful week on the shores of Lake Como, situated exactly opposite Bellagio. I never tired of the stunning view and this is a picture of Bellagio as we were leaving on the ferry back to the Hotelb

More Photography

I really enjoy making birthday cards, calendars and amusing pictures using my digital camera and computer.

This is a picture I took recently. It was a beautiful day for a walk so off I went with my camera to a local "bird sancturary" and found lots of swans, geese and ducks who were all very photogenic and not at all camera shy. Here is an example.

Setting off on my travels

This is a picture of me on holiday in Blackpool, where I spent most of my childhood holidays. This picture was taken in a place which used to be called Olympia. (A kind of indoor fairground).

• Intro Updated Dec 4, 2005

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!
GypsyBessie's Profile Photo

GypsyBessie

“Keep on travelling while you can - one day it might be too late”

Real Name