"Sandra and Maurice's Travels" GypsyBessie's Profile
I live with my husband Maurice in Westhoughton, a small town near Bolton in Lancashire (or Greater Manchester if you prefer). We have two sons, the eldest of which has now left home and the youngest still living with us.
Bernard also lives with us and is 2 years old in February 2006. He is full of energy and really good fun although quite naughty at times but we love him and think he is absolutely adorable!
I somehow stumbled on to VT and was immediately fascinated by the site and I really do envy people who have had the opportunity to do so much travelling. It is only in recent years that we have started to travel outside of England for one reason or another.
Our "travelling" really consists of "holidays" which to my mind are purely for pleasure and enjoyment rather than anything else. I do think there is a real difference between "travelling" and "holidays" but even so both are enjoyable and open your mind to different places and people.
From being a small child I have always been interested in learning about travelling and travellers and seeing other places. My dad who was my inspiration was a "Desert Rat" in the 2nd World War and he told me so many stories about places he had visited during the War and I was always fascinated. Have a look at My Dad in Belgium
I have lived in Westhoughton all my life as did my parents. This fishing lodge is only a very short walk away from my home.
Maurice bought me a new camera for Christmas so I have been taking photos whenever I can, trying to learn how to use it! Here is an example of my efforts one very cold sunny day.
My Church held a Flower Festival to celebrate the rebuild of the Church after 10 years - the original was burned down. This is one of the displays around the font.
As well as enjoying holidays I love taking photographs, even more so since I acquired my computer and digital camera. I also enjoy crafts - card making and scrapbooking. In between work, holidays and taking photos I also try to swim at least once a week. Socialising with family and friends also takes up quite a lot of time of which there never seems to be enough.
I really enjoy taking photos, especially when in a beautiful part of the world and here is an example. This is my husband Maurice and sister Shelley on the beach at Dornoch when the temperature was below freezing
In January of this year we visited Scotland yet again and travelled to Dornoch on the North-east coast. It was one of the coldest weeks on record but was quite dry and sunny in Dornoch.
In June 2004 we spent a wonderful week on the shores of Lake Como, situated exactly opposite Bellagio. I never tired of the stunning view and this is a picture of Bellagio as we were leaving on the ferry back to the Hotelb
I really enjoy making birthday cards, calendars and amusing pictures using my digital camera and computer.
This is a picture I took recently. It was a beautiful day for a walk so off I went with my camera to a local "bird sancturary" and found lots of swans, geese and ducks who were all very photogenic and not at all camera shy. Here is an example.
This is a picture of me on holiday in Blackpool, where I spent most of my childhood holidays. This picture was taken in a place which used to be called Olympia. (A kind of indoor fairground).
Top Travel Pages
Explore the World
- Bethany Beach
- Kalaoa Hotels
- Split Rock Lighthouse State Park Hotels
- Pulau Tioman
- Little Hickory Island Hotels
- Lake Geneva
- Serra de Arrábida
- Fort Macon State Park Hotels
- Wind Point Hotels
- Keaukaha Hotels
- San Vicente de la Barquera
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 82 Reviews
- 204 Photos
- 6 Countries
- 9 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
- GypsyBessie and piccolina are now friends.
- Commented on nickandchris's profile page
updated their Profile Page "Sandra and Maurice's Travels"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Sandra and Maurice's Travels"
- Wrote a Review Another View of Ullapool in Dornoch Things to Do
- updated a Dornoch Travel Page "DORNOCH"
- Posted in Travel Lago di Como Forum "Re: Re: Price of cigarettes and..."
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Isle of Wight Intro, 14 reviews, 17 photos
- Majorca Island Intro, 12 reviews, 15 photos
- Venice Intro, 5 reviews, 16 photos, 1 travelogue
- Southport Intro, 8 reviews, 11 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Paignton Intro, 3 reviews, 16 photos, 2 travelogues
- Dornoch Intro, 7 reviews, 10 photos
- Scotland Intro, 6 reviews, 9 photos
- Croatia Intro, 4 reviews, 11 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Western Isles Intro, 6 reviews, 9 photos
- Lago di Como Intro, 6 reviews, 9 photos
FriendsSee All Friends (1)
- Paris Hotels
- 22459 Reviews - 54964 Photos
- Dubai Hotels
- 2699 Reviews - 7919 Photos
- London Hotels
- 23314 Reviews - 48908 Photos
- New York City Hotels
- 15642 Reviews - 31276 Photos
- Manila Hotels
- 2025 Reviews - 4971 Photos
- Orlando Hotels
- 3092 Reviews - 5855 Photos
- Playa del Carmen Hotels
- 780 Reviews - 1749 Photos
- Punta Cana Hotels
- 422 Reviews - 1020 Photos
- Cancún Hotels
- 1933 Reviews - 3724 Photos
- Baguio Hotels
- 328 Reviews - 894 Photos
- Rome Hotels
- 12023 Reviews - 26760 Photos
- Goa Hotels
- 2058 Reviews - 3865 Photos
- Istanbul Hotels
- 7828 Reviews - 20233 Photos
- Bangkok Hotels
- 10315 Reviews - 22905 Photos
- Las Vegas Hotels
- 8419 Reviews - 17290 Photos