"Sea, beaches, horses, sheep and seals!" Rømø by Inguuna

Rømø Travel Guide: 17 reviews and 42 photos

Place where to meet seals and more...

I was coming here just for seals :) Yes, because I didn't find where to see them more in Nordic sea. As I missed current days' excursion I had time to observe the island itself.
Definitely the most important here is the sea, high and low tides, the beaches. Also on the island you can observe many animals, just entering the island one can see a lot of sheep and many horses can be find here.
And yes, also seals, crabs, shells and even oysters. Our guide said that it maybe seen here wales but unfortunately I didn't see them.
My suggestion - take with you good photo lens or binocular to observe animals and different bird species.

• Pros:Definitely for cyclers, beach and animal lovers :)
  • Cons:Not so many activities
  • Last visit to Rømø: Aug 2007
  • Intro Updated Aug 29, 2007

• lotharlerch's Profile Photo
    Sep 8, 2007 at 10:09 AM

Nice page. I think I should visit the beaches of the North Sea again - I was far more often at the Baltic Sea...

• cachaseiro's Profile Photo
    Sep 8, 2007 at 7:18 AM

nice page with good animal photos. i liked the one of the crab and the latvian a lot :O)

• globetrott's Profile Photo
    Aug 30, 2007 at 1:11 PM

Rømø is one of my best childhood-memories, but I missed the horses and the seals and the crabs were a lot smaller than yours ;~(((

• HORSCHECK's Profile Photo
    Aug 29, 2007 at 2:04 PM

Inguuna, lovely little page with brilliant animal photos. I hope all is well in Riga.

Inguuna

“...take the best from everything...”

Badges & Stats in Rømø