"Saaremaa - Estonia’s largest island" Top 5 Page for this destination Saaremaa by Inguuna
Saaremaa Travel Guide: 178 reviews and 485 photos
Saaremaa is Estonia’s largest island and it’s capital is Kuressaare which in the past owned different names such as Arensburg and Kingisepa, due to different rulers here, such as Germans, Danes, Swedes, Russians and Estonians itself. The island takes attention for it’s large quantity of junipers, nice cliffs in the coastline, coastline itself, different ruins and windmills.
Interesting fact that Estonia owes approximately 1500 islands!
Moving to the island, firstly you come to the Muhu island which is very small comparing to the Saaremaa. But the two islands are joined together by dam who can be easily crossed and besides it you can have beautiful views to the bay which is real paradise for birds. Many of them cross Estonia during their migration in spring and autumn.
The island could be easily seen going around it by car or bicycle, as it’s not very large.
- Pros:Very quite place on earth
- Cons:You may need more time to see everything
Here are formed the group of different size meteorite craters and the biggest one which diameter is 110 meters wide, but... more travel advice
The center of the city was formed already at the end of 17th century. But the quadrangular fortress was built already in... more travel advice
Inguuna's Related Pages
Saaremaa Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Saaremaa island"
- "Saaremaa - Estonia’s largest island"
- "A "must visit" place in Estonia"
- "Saaremaa, Estonia's Big Island"
- "Surprisingly pleasant ..."
- "land of 7 winds"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Saaremaa
- Hotels in Saaremaa
- Transportation in Saaremaa
- Nightlife in Saaremaa
- Restaurants in Saaremaa
- Shopping in Saaremaa
- Warnings and Dangers in Saaremaa
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Saaremaa
- 4 Reviews
- 11 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (12)
Have you been to Saaremaa?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Saaremaa
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Riga Intro, 53 reviews, 104 photos, 2 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 21 reviews, 76 photos, 2 travelogues
- Tallinn Intro, 28 reviews, 43 photos
- Cesu Rajons Intro, 16 reviews, 39 photos, 1 travelogue
- Chenonceau Intro, 11 reviews, 23 photos
- Vienna Intro, 11 reviews, 21 photos
- Salzburg Intro, 10 reviews, 20 photos
- Talsu Rajons Intro, 12 reviews, 18 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sigulda Intro, 11 reviews, 18 photos
- Cheverny Intro, 9 reviews, 20 photos