"Hangzhou, one of the most beautiful citie in China" Top 5 Page for this destination Hangzhou by honestjohn

Hangzhou Travel Guide: 622 reviews and 1,844 photos

In China, there is a very old proverb that says "Hangzhou and Suzhou is the paradises on the earth". It is said that Marco Polo, one of the most famous Italy tourist, visited hangzhou in the 13th centuary, he said, "Hangzhou is the most beautiful city I've ever visited".
Today, there is a statuary of Marco Polo in the bank of the West Lake.
As a very frequent traveller between Hangzhou and Shanghai,I'd like to give you good advice on the chosing the transporation and select hotels in Hangzhou, if Hangzhou on your destination of trip, please feel free to ask me any question, I will do my best to help.

Hangzhou people

I came to Hangzhou from Beijing on Oct. 27 2003, and stay here for about 2 months for work. Here, Hangzhou people give me a strong impression that they are very proud of their city. Yes, If I were Hangzhou resident, I would be proud also. God Blessed Hangzhou much more than other places. The comfortable climate, the beautiful West Lake, the green flower everywhere....., I hardly say I don't like Hangzhou.

Tea Tree Garden

Hangzhou is famous not only for the beautiful West Lake but also for the Dragon Well Tea,(Long Jin Cha). the picture shows a famous tea village near the suburb of Hangzhou, (Mei Jia Wu Village). There is full of tea tree as shown.

• Pros:One of the "Must Visit City in China"
  • Last visit to Hangzhou: Mar 2005
  • Intro Updated Mar 24, 2007

• angiebabe's Profile Photo
    Apr 27, 2009 at 10:46 AM

when I get back to China I would visit here thanks includng Wuzhen, and Huangshan. Thanks for your inspirational page.

• Aug 7, 2007 at 4:46 PM

Good info. Try to post a question, but somehow the website would not let me. Anyhow, what is the cost one way and how to get the ticket?

• aukahkay's Profile Photo
    Nov 2, 2006 at 7:16 AM

Thanks for the very helpful tips on Hangzhou transportation. I will definitely needs these tips during my upcoming visit.

• y_lyn's Profile Photo
    Sep 22, 2006 at 3:53 AM

Fabulous tips! Will use them in my planning for my Shanghai/ Jiangnan Trip end of the year :)

• imstress's Profile Photo
    Sep 12, 2006 at 1:15 AM

bring back memories of my tour to Hangzhou. thanks for sharing the detailed information on the transportation.

• cheezecake_deli's Profile Photo
    Jun 5, 2006 at 6:45 PM

Hi Jack! Enjoyed your HZ page a lot! I'm planning a visit this autumn and am interested in the direct shuttle bus from PVG to HZ. Do you know how long it takes from PVG to HZ and how much it costs? Thanks. Best wishes, Cheese.

• roamer61's Profile Photo
    May 24, 2006 at 1:12 PM

Looks like a lovely place indeed. Perhaps I will be able to incorporate into my future trip to China.

• May 8, 2006 at 8:34 PM

Thanks for the quick response and such detailed information. This is a great page :)

• kymbanm's Profile Photo
    Apr 30, 2006 at 1:07 AM

What a wonderful page on a destination I had not previously thought of! Tea .... Tea ... Tea .... :) Thank you for taking so much time to provide schedules and costs in your tips. Best to you and your family ;)

• hangzhoulover's Profile Photo
    Jun 11, 2005 at 9:39 PM

Hi Jack! Nice to see your updates to your Hangzhou Pages! Especially appreciate the HZ to SH train schedule! :-)

honestjohn

“Travel with love and friendship, meet different people and experience the different culture,”

Badges & Stats in Hangzhou

Have you been to Hangzhou?