"Fort Bridger State Historic Site" Fort Bridger by Yaqui
Fort Bridger Travel Guide: 13 reviews and 42 photos
Fort Bridger began as a simple trading post established by Jim Bridger and Louis Vasquez in 1843 to service the emigrants as a supply stop along the Oregon Trail. It was obtained by the Mormons in the early 1850's and then became a military outpost in 1858. It very location was essential to the western expansions of mountain men, Indians, emigrants, Pony Express, overland stage, the Union, and the U.S. Army.
It remained U.S. government property until 1890. It was later abondon and many of the buildings where sold and moved off. Then in 1933 is was dedicated as a historical landmark and museum.
- Pros:A wonderful learning tool and reminder of the hardships of our soldiers and pioneers.
- Cons:Sadly many structures were lost.
- In a nutshell:A great place to spend a relaxing day.
The marker reads: Fort Bridger Established in 1858 As a military post Aslo Pony Express Station And on the Old Oregon... more travel advice
This wagon belonged to Judge W. A. Carter, a pioneer rancher. It nicely covered under a cover to keep it... more travel advice
Yaqui's Related Pages
Fort Bridger Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Fort Bridger State Historic Site"
- "Diversion to Lyman and Fort Bridger"
- "Fort Bridger in Wyoming"
- "Basaic Fort Bridger Page"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Fort Bridger
- 6 Reviews
- 7 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 8 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (198)
Have you been to Fort Bridger?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Fort Bridger
Photos in Fort BridgerSee All Photos (7)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Las Vegas Intro, 290 reviews, 1093 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Los Angeles Intro, 153 reviews, 538 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination California Intro, 123 reviews, 563 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Oahu Intro, 102 reviews, 486 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fort Worth Intro, 118 reviews, 333 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bakersfield Intro, 95 reviews, 345 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tehachapi Intro, 82 reviews, 308 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination San Diego Intro, 97 reviews, 282 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sedona Intro, 104 reviews, 253 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pasadena Intro, 67 reviews, 275 photos