"Williamsburg" Top 5 Page for this destination Williamsburg by Yaqui

Williamsburg Travel Guide: 778 reviews and 1,246 photos

Williamsburg is know to be part of the Historic Triangle, the communities of Jamestown, Williamsburg and Yorktown. Take a step back in time when you visit Colonial Williamsburg. Located midway between Richmond and Norfolk, Virginia (take I-63 to exit 238), this historic village has changed little from the time of our founding fathers. The capital of the colony of Virginia from 1699 to 1780, Williamsburg was rebuilt in the 1920's. It is a living, working and almost perfect respresentation of the largest outdoor history museum. More than five hundred homes have been kept intact and restored. Many of the breeds of animals can trace their own lineage to the eighteenth century.

The town surrounds the one-mile stretch of Duke of Gloucester Street, Williamsburg brings back the colonial life that represents our simple beginings. You'll find hundreds of wonderful individuals and some dressed in period outfits that are friendly and willing to share the history of our wonderful past.

Colonial Williamsburg

To see some spectacular Williamsburg pages, please check Deecats and matcrazy1

A ticket for a one-day access is $39.95*is for 35 Historic Area sites, 15 site tours, 16 trade shops and 3 world-class museums 10% discount on most tours, programs, and Carriage Rides†

Adult – ages 13 and over
Youth – ages 6-12
Children under 6 are FREE

Yet, we arrived around 1:00PM so they suggest we only pay $9.95, but that had restrictions about seeing the inside of most of the historic sites, but we were still able to go into the Wren Building, Bruton Parish Church, and the Publice Hospital/DeWitt Wallace Museum, which was open till 7:00PM. We made this our last stop. We were very happy in what we were able to see.

• Pros:A wonderful piece of our history to enjoy!
  • Cons:Hmm, streets are a little confusing.
  • In a nutshell:A must see to visit and enjoy!
  • Last visit to Williamsburg: Jul 2012
  • Intro Updated Jul 27, 2012

• starship's Profile Photo
    Mar 30, 2014 at 2:26 PM

Dee, you have certainly cataloged the important buildings here. Williamsburg played a big part of my life in my teenage years. I like that you included info. about the American Cream draft horse.

• MalenaN's Profile Photo
    Sep 21, 2012 at 10:09 AM

Great writing about Williamburg's history! Sounds very interesting to walk around among those old houses where shomakers, wigmakers and coachmakers once lived.

• Yaqui's Profile Photo
      Sep 21, 2012 at 7:15 PM

This is a great place to visit and there is James Town and York Town to visit not far from here. I was sadden I didn't have enough time to visit those place too.Thanks for stopping by!

• hopang's Profile Photo
    Sep 1, 2012 at 12:18 AM

Williamsburg seems to be a great destination to visit and explore. It certainly has lots of beautiful architectural buildings. The Governor's Palace indeed attracts us a lot. Thanks for your virtual tour. ~ho & pang

• Kuznetsov_Sergey's Profile Photo
    Aug 23, 2012 at 6:46 AM

Colonial Williamsburg really looks like a huge history museum. It helps to understand the colonial life many years ago… It's great that it have been kept and great your VT job, Dee!

• CatherineReichardt's Profile Photo
    Jul 27, 2012 at 3:29 AM

Another cracker of a page, Dee - there seems to be so much to see and do here, and as ever you make it so accessible!
    Regards
    Cathy

• Mikebb's Profile Photo
    Jul 1, 2012 at 3:51 PM

Such a beautiful town. I like the way they have kept the town's heritage, the old homes look fantastic. Enjoyed your page, Dee

• Maria250's Profile Photo
    Nov 8, 2011 at 9:53 AM

Dee, You are one wonderful woman. Thank you. Maria

• Pawtuxet's Profile Photo
    Sep 28, 2009 at 2:52 PM

Thanks for the review of Williamsburg. We loved the masterful preservation and seeing some of the craftsmen at work. Great costumed guides who never come out of their character or era.

• msbrandysue's Profile Photo
    Sep 11, 2009 at 7:41 PM

I had the chance to stop at Williamsburg on my way to Connecticut and now you've made me wish I had stopped!! Is this place more open than Alexandria or in a smaller area (walkable) like it?

• angiebabe's Profile Photo
    Jun 19, 2009 at 8:10 PM

Hi, I love see beautiful buildings like these ones...drove around this area a few yrs ago - would love to be back and see some more!Well done on yr efforts here for a great page.

Yaqui

“~Happy Trails, Keep the Faith and Keep Dreaming!~”

Badges & Stats in Williamsburg

Have you been to Williamsburg?

Latest Activity in Williamsburg