"Williamsburg" Top 5 Page for this destination Williamsburg by Yaqui
Williamsburg Travel Guide: 773 reviews and 1,246 photos
Williamsburg is know to be part of the Historic Triangle, the communities of Jamestown, Williamsburg and Yorktown. Take a step back in time when you visit Colonial Williamsburg. Located midway between Richmond and Norfolk, Virginia (take I-63 to exit 238), this historic village has changed little from the time of our founding fathers. The capital of the colony of Virginia from 1699 to 1780, Williamsburg was rebuilt in the 1920's. It is a living, working and almost perfect respresentation of the largest outdoor history museum. More than five hundred homes have been kept intact and restored. Many of the breeds of animals can trace their own lineage to the eighteenth century.
The town surrounds the one-mile stretch of Duke of Gloucester Street, Williamsburg brings back the colonial life that represents our simple beginings. You'll find hundreds of wonderful individuals and some dressed in period outfits that are friendly and willing to share the history of our wonderful past.
To see some spectacular Williamsburg pages, please check Deecats and matcrazy1
A ticket for a one-day access is $39.95*is for 35 Historic Area sites, 15 site tours, 16 trade shops and 3 world-class museums 10% discount on most tours, programs, and Carriage Rides†
Adult – ages 13 and over
Youth – ages 6-12
Children under 6 are FREE
Yet, we arrived around 1:00PM so they suggest we only pay $9.95, but that had restrictions about seeing the inside of most of the historic sites, but we were still able to go into the Wren Building, Bruton Parish Church, and the Publice Hospital/DeWitt Wallace Museum, which was open till 7:00PM. We made this our last stop. We were very happy in what we were able to see.
- Pros:A wonderful piece of our history to enjoy!
- Cons:Hmm, streets are a little confusing.
- In a nutshell:A must see to visit and enjoy!
This home of an Irish coachmaker was bought with the adjacent shop and garden for 700 pounds in 1772. The Elkanah Deane... more travel advice
We immediately searched out a nice cool place and what better spot is a ice cream shop. We were able to cool off, relax,... more travel advice
Yaqui's Related Pages
Williamsburg Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Pompeii of America!"
- "b1bob's Excellent Williamsburg Adventures"
- "Learning To Love History Via..."
- "Williamsburg - Virginia"
- "My Hometown...Williamsburg"
- "WILLIAMSBURG--A Taste of the 18th Century"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Williamsburg
- Hotels in Williamsburg
- Transportation in Williamsburg
- Nightlife in Williamsburg
- Restaurants in Williamsburg
- Shopping in Williamsburg
- Warnings and Dangers in Williamsburg
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Williamsburg
- 51 Reviews
- 142 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 20 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (106)
Have you been to Williamsburg?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Williamsburg
Photos in WilliamsburgSee All Photos (142)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Las Vegas Intro, 287 reviews, 1078 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination California Intro, 124 reviews, 568 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fort Worth Intro, 118 reviews, 333 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Los Angeles Intro, 104 reviews, 338 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bakersfield Intro, 94 reviews, 334 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tehachapi Intro, 82 reviews, 305 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination San Diego Intro, 93 reviews, 265 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sedona Intro, 104 reviews, 253 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Anaheim Intro, 65 reviews, 260 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Long Beach Intro, 59 reviews, 254 photos