"Reston~" Reston by Yaqui
Reston Travel Guide: 20 reviews and 60 photos
Who would had known that Reston's simple beginnings of once being a bourbon distillery. Smith Bowman, who built the bourbon distillery on 7,300-acres he bought from the son's of C.A. Wiehle who had passed away around 1880's. C.A. Wiehle tried to start his own town named after him, but sadly his son's sold the land after his passing to Smith Bowman. Ca. Wiehle had bought the land originally from Lord Fairfax who owned it during the 18th century.
Robert E. Simon eventually bought up all the land except for 60 acres of the distillery property and began his plan in 1964 of one of the first modern post war communities of homes, businesses, recreation, industries, and educational facilities.
A very trendy and upbeat 1940's style dinner house with two bars. Jackson's has a wonderful nostalgic decor. There is an... more travel advice
One Fountain Square Pavillon is located in Reston Town Center. It is an open-air pavilion that has year-round events,... more travel advice
Yaqui's Related Pages
Reston Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Reston - Virginia"
- "Reston, A Planned Community"
- "bull_bristol's new Reston Page"
- "Reston, Virginia by Charles McCool"
- "Reston Town Center"
- "Metro Washington, DC"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Reston
- Hotels in Reston
- Transportation in Reston
- Restaurants in Reston
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Reston
- 7 Reviews
- 28 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (207)
Have you been to Reston?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Reston
Photos in RestonSee All Photos (28)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Las Vegas Intro, 300 reviews, 1153 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Los Angeles Intro, 153 reviews, 538 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination California Intro, 123 reviews, 563 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Oahu Intro, 102 reviews, 486 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bakersfield Intro, 99 reviews, 380 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination San Diego Intro, 111 reviews, 352 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fort Worth Intro, 118 reviews, 333 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tehachapi Intro, 83 reviews, 321 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sedona Intro, 104 reviews, 253 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pasadena Intro, 67 reviews, 275 photos