"Hampton" Hampton by Yaqui
Hampton Travel Guide: 45 reviews and 134 photos
The City of Hampton
Hampton's Vistor Center
The City of Hampton got it's simple beginning by being part of "Hampton Roads". This is a centuries-old reference that originated when the region was a struggling British outpost nearly 400 years ago. Designated in the 17th Century as the name of the largest natural harbor where the James, Nansemond and Elizabeth Rivers pour into the mouth of the Chesapeake Bay. Hampton Roads honors one of the founders of the Virginia Company and a great supporter of the colonization of Virginia, Henry Wriothesley, the third Earl of Southampton. Signifying the safety of a port, "roads" in nautical terminology means "a place less sheltered than a harbor where ships may ride at anchor."
- Pros:Some lovely people here! Lots to see and do!
- Cons:Traffic and parking stinks!
- In a nutshell:All in all, you should visit here!
I have stayed in several different Radissons across the country and I have always been statistified, so when I had to... more travel advice
Some neat facts right from the website: was launched on November 14, 1969, weighed 13,500 pounds at launch, traveled... more travel advice
Yaqui's Related Pages
Hampton Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Hampton, Virginia Beach, Norfolk"
- "Old Point Comfort and Fort Monroe"
- "Hampton by the Sea"
- "Hampton, Virginia"
- "s.l.keeling's new Hampton Page"
- "Hampton Virginia"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Hampton
- Hotels in Hampton
- Transportation in Hampton
- Nightlife in Hampton
- Restaurants in Hampton
- Shopping in Hampton
- Warnings and Dangers in Hampton
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Hampton
- 12 Reviews
- 14 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 16 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (106)
Have you been to Hampton?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Hampton
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Las Vegas Intro, 287 reviews, 1078 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination California Intro, 124 reviews, 568 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fort Worth Intro, 118 reviews, 333 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Los Angeles Intro, 104 reviews, 338 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bakersfield Intro, 94 reviews, 334 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tehachapi Intro, 82 reviews, 305 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination San Diego Intro, 93 reviews, 265 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sedona Intro, 104 reviews, 253 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Anaheim Intro, 65 reviews, 260 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Long Beach Intro, 59 reviews, 254 photos