"The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints" Top 5 Page for this destination Salt Lake City by Yaqui
Salt Lake City Travel Guide: 528 reviews and 1,286 photos
Temple square is one of Salt Lake Cities biggest attractions that at least 5 million people annually venture here to see the beautiful Cathedral, Gardens, Tabernacle, and to learn what inspired the Mormon Poineers to make this their home. On July 24, 1847 Brigham Young looked down into a great salt lake valley and declared, "This is the right place." By sheer will and their strong faith in God, they Mormon poineers had to endure the hardship of the isolated and arid spot to make it what it is today, Salt Lake City.
They fought hard to irrigate the desert to grow enough food for themselves. The square consist of the Temple which took 40 years to complete. The Tabernancle that seats 6,500 and it's domed roof is the largest in the world. There are two vistor center that display religious and historical aspects of Mormon life, a beautiful assembly hall used for large gatherings, and the Log Cabin, the oldest house in Salt Lake City. Very impressive and a must see.
Salt Lake City
The temple is used by Church members for marriages and other sacred ordinances designed to strengthen families, both now and for eternity. The east center tower is 210 feet high and is topped by the statue of an angel heralding the restoration to the earth of the gospel of Jesus Christ in the latter days.
You know I have found many people that are somewhat suspicious of this religion. And that is ok because everyone is entitled to their opinion. Yet, for me the one huge thing that stands out for me is they remind me of ALL OF US. We all want freedom and the right to worship what we want too. They have proven that America is their country and have made many sacrifices for her!
- Pros:Beautiful City
- Cons:Didn't have enough available parking in the downtown area!
- In a nutshell:A must see to understand the faith and drive!
This is located in The Gateway shopping mall. It is a lovely square that has a water play area for the children, but it... more travel advice
Well-known to Mormons is the story of how seagulls saved the crops of Utah's early settlers from an invading horde of... more travel advice
- See All Rustic Dinninig and Great Steaks!
- Davis Area Visitor Center
- Nice, Quiet, Inviting, and Safe!
- See All Buffalo Sculptures
- So Much To Do
Yaqui's Related Pages
Salt Lake City Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints"
- "Looking up Ancestors"
- "Salt Lake City"
- "My Home Town"
- "Ooooh! It was freeezing COLD in Utah!"
- "Mormans, Salt & Beehives....."
- "Salt Lake City: Why have just one?"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Salt Lake City
- Hotels in Salt Lake City
- Transportation in Salt Lake City
- Nightlife in Salt Lake City
- Restaurants in Salt Lake City
- Shopping in Salt Lake City
- Warnings and Dangers in Salt Lake City
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Salt Lake City
- 42 Reviews
- 85 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 30 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (198)
Have you been to Salt Lake City?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Salt Lake City
- Posted in Travel Las Vegas Forum "Re: SLS Hotel & Casino / North LV..."
- Commented on one of ViajesdelMundo's Salt Lake City travel pages
- Wrote a Review Olympic Legacy Plaza about Winter Olympics 2002 in Salt Lake City Things to Do
- Uploaded a Photo to "Olympic Legacy Plaza"
- updated a Salt Lake City Travel Page "The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints"
Photos in Salt Lake CitySee All Photos (85)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Las Vegas Intro, 290 reviews, 1093 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Los Angeles Intro, 153 reviews, 538 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination California Intro, 123 reviews, 563 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Oahu Intro, 102 reviews, 486 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fort Worth Intro, 118 reviews, 333 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bakersfield Intro, 95 reviews, 345 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tehachapi Intro, 82 reviews, 308 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination San Diego Intro, 97 reviews, 282 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sedona Intro, 104 reviews, 253 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pasadena Intro, 67 reviews, 275 photos